We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas markets

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
neath
reviews: 20
xmas markets

Hi

could anyone tell me tbe dates for the xmas markets please?

Many thanks

kelly x

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 34
1. Re: xmas markets

This may be of interest for some info on the subject: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experience/what-to-do/w…

But don't get your expectations too high. Our Christmas markets are nothing compared to some other places like Cologne for example.

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
2. Re: xmas markets

If you are requesting information about Christmas Markets in Amsterdam, you will be sorely disappointed.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 71
3. Re: xmas markets

We don't really have successful Christmas markets.... sorry!

Bottrop, Germany
reviews: 96
4. Re: xmas markets

If you are staying at Amsterdam for some days you could easily take a direct train to either Oberhausen, Dusseldorf or Cologne (same train) , where are a lot of Christmas markets.

Edited: 3:54 am, November 13, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 2
5. Re: xmas markets

Take a train to Duesseldorf!

I live in Holland and go there every year for the Christmas markets it is really good.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
6. Re: xmas markets

And to give you an idea of the time involved, training to Dusseldorf will take you two and a half hour.

-edit-

Sorry, taking the train. Training is a Dutchism...

Edited: 4:55 am, November 13, 2013
Bottrop, Germany
7. Re: xmas markets

...even less than 2 1/2 h, so it´s a convenient day trip. I have to admit that I´m prone to Cologne but that´s just my personal taste and I´m sure that you will like them all.

If you know your travel dates in advance it would be advisable to book the tickets online as early as possible, so you might get tickets at a discount.

http://www.nshispeed.nl/ or

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

neath
reviews: 20
8. Re: xmas markets

Thanks guys. We are in no desperate need to see xmas markets but we are there from 4th til 7th jan and I just thought there might be one or two stalls to look at.

thanks all

kelly

Edited: 12:13 pm, November 13, 2013
Bottrop, Germany
9. Re: xmas markets

All those Christmas Markets close at 23.12., so no chance :-(

As to stalls in Amsterdam, I heard that there are a few, but not sure how long they will stand.

Edited: 12:23 pm, November 13, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
10. Re: xmas markets

Eh... that is AFTER Christmas. Even most of the huge German markets close by the 23rd December with a couple hanging on until the 31st.

Even IF there were any Christmas markets in Amsterdam they would not be there by the 4th January!

http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Germany.html