We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

Just wondering if anybody could give me some advice on either of these 2 hotels im taking my Girlfriend for her birthday next weekend so need to book a hotel asap and im aware prices are inflated due to MTV awards on the same weekend i have £230 to spend for 2 nights stay just wondering if im looking in the right places.

25 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
1. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

Not sure what your question is? Do you want to know about these hotels or what? Have you looked at booking on Priceline?

2. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

Sorry if i didnt make the question clear.

Yes i would like to know if these 2 hotels are good within the price budget i have im aware there around 15 minutes outside the centre of Amsterdam.

Sorry for sounding stupid but what is Priceline?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
3. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

"Sorry for sounding stupid but what is Priceline?"

Read the following article.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c115136/Amste…

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
4. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

If you want to know if these two hotels are in your price range why not check out the prices for the two for your dates. Use the hotel websites. Compare their prices to prices on booking.com or ebookers.co.uk or kayak.com or similar sites.

Edited: 7:52 am, October 31, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
5. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

Look at Priceline Express Deal (this is NOT bidding) look at Hotwire. I have never used Lastminute.com but you may want to look there as well.

These sites offer un-named hotels in specific locations, at a certain star level, with certain amenities listed, at a certain much reduced price.

It's her birthday for Cripe sake. Stay in the close in , wonderful, fun center. And save money.

Now if you really want to save £ € $ you will read up on PL Bidding.

But those 3 sites I mentioned above, if you do not want to bid, can get you a better hotel, a better location, a cheaper $$.

Edited: 8:02 am, October 31, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
6. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

You edit something 3 times before you post and the frigin IPad still posts the symbols it wants not what I want.

Staying close in IMO is a big deal compared to staying farther out.

Edited: 8:07 am, October 31, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
7. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

You mentioned the Crowne Plaza being outside the city but there is a Crowne Plaza right in the centre of town near Centraal Station. So I presume you mean the one by Hoofddorp which services the airport.

If you want hotel comparisons then please be specific about which hotel you mean.

Amsterdam
reviews: 67
8. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

I once made that mistake too: turned up in the city centre for a day of corporate nonsense which was actually taking place (next door to our offices) in Hoofddorp. A case of wishful thinking on my part, I always thought.

9. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

Sorry i guess i shouldve read through the forum first of all. I liked the look of Ramada Amsterdam Apollo but in general just wanted to know if people thought it was to far out. I have now researched Price Line so will start to use that and give it a go and hope for the best.

Thanks for all your advice and sorry for not being clear in what i was asking for just nervous as want to get this right for my GF

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
10. Re: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza

The Ramada is a new hotel in a converted office building overlooking the Rembrandt Park. Not too far out as it is on a tram line and the park is nice enough but probably not next weekend. However if you want somewhere really nice then take a look at the Toren.

However just taking a quick peek at prices next weekend prices seem sky high even for Amsterdam. You might have to compromise a little or up your budget.

Priceline Express Deals has a 4 star in the canal belt for $148 pn (no bidding) so around £92. Another £50 per night will get you a highly rated 5 star hotel. It is her birthday after all.

Reply to: Ramada Amsterdam Apolo or Crowne Plaza
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted