We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in City Centre

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durban
reviews: 18
Hotel in City Centre

Hi,

I will be in Amsterdam with my fiance for 1 night in late Nov, simply a stopover on the way home.

Considering the short stay, I'd really like to be as central as possible, to allow us to easily walk around the centre during the day and night.

Please can you give me any thoughts on hotels, with my budget only about Eur100-120/night for a double room. I was thinking about one of the "NH" brand hotels.

thanks

Andrew

18 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 6
1. Re: Hotel in City Centre

tripadvisor.com/…51738153

I never "book" a hotel if I could avoid it. Now I would do nothing but bid.

A least take a look at this link.

Ask questions if you have any.

I am not sure if the 3 star NH City Center would have something at your budget or not?

You have a great budget for bidding not so much for booking. A least not for a nice Nh.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 69
2. Re: Hotel in City Centre

A lot depends on what night of the week. i.e. a Monday night is gong to be cheaper than a Saturday. Most of the NH hotels are good places to stay as are the Hampshire's like the American.

If just for one night I really would bid on Priceline for the best bargain.

Durban
3. Re: Hotel in City Centre

thanks to you both...some of good advice which I will take on. it will be a Monday night, and I will look at the 3 options - NH, Hampshire, and then priceline.

thanks

Andrew

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: Hotel in City Centre

No one really cares where you book. What ever works best for you.

But a quick look at a week day rate late November (Nh City Centre)shows a pre paid non refundable rate just a little over your budget.

A rate you can cancel will be a lot more above budget.

For a decent 3 star

You can most likely get a decent 4 star through bidding for maybe half that budget?

Edited: 11:41 am, October 14, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Hotel in City Centre

i would bid on a 5 star city center and you will most likely get the Nh barbizon palace for under your just around your budget,, good luck

Peace matty

Durban
6. Re: Hotel in City Centre

thanks again. can you please confirm if I bid on priceline, will the confirmation be from them as it is with any online booking site? ie no need to contact the hotel directly thereafter?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
7. Re: Hotel in City Centre

Your dealings will be with PL.

PL sends winning bidders a copy of their paid confirmation, paid and non refundable I might add.

After I win I wait a day and then call the hotel directly. I confirm they have my reservation, they always have, and I put in my request for room location or bed configuration.

When you go to the hotel, it's always smart to have a copy of your PL confirmation.

Before anyone bids they need to do their homework and truly understand what they are doing and what they are bidding on.

At check out the ONLY thing you should be paying for is stuff you bought while at the hotel.

Edited: 11:28 am, October 16, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Hotel in City Centre

And if you are only calling the hotel to confirm they have your reservation the 800 toll free number works as well as calling the hotel..

I would call the hotel directly though if I wanted a certain type of bed or a location of the room preference.

liverpool, england
reviews: 137
9. Re: Hotel in City Centre

We have found several NH hotels, including Barbizon and Amsterdam Centre on lastminute as 'secret' hotels. They are really easy to figure which hotel they are, and have usually paid about £70 per night - but as has been said above, depends which night of the week it is, Friday or Saturday nights will be more, and many hotels have a minimum 2 night stay at weekends.

Have a good trip.

Amsterdam
reviews: 69
10. Re: Hotel in City Centre

Andrew, your profile photo seems to show a straight couple, in which case the person you are planning to marry is your fiancée, not your fiancé.

Either way: congratulations.

:-)

Reply to: Hotel in City Centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted