We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Mundo

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
salt lake city
reviews: 6
City Mundo

Has anyone used City Mundo recently? Apartments, houseboats?

29 replies to this topic
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: City Mundo

Never used them myself but they have been around a long time and are generally well regarded.

Norway
reviews: 63
2. Re: City Mundo

I have, twice - most recently at Christmas last year. Everything went smoothly both times We were very pleased with the apartments we rented. They were just as described (one of them was even nicer!), and the owners were pleasant and helpful. I would use CityMundo again.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
3. Re: City Mundo

My favorite agency to use when I was just a tourist visiting. And the map of Amsterdam that they send you with your booking confirmation is tops.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 8
4. Re: City Mundo

We have used City Mundo for the past 5 years and have always received excellent service.

We normally pay a deposit then the rest when we arrive in euros.

The flat on the Amstel is excellent and well worth having a look at

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: City Mundo

Just got back from a trip with the accommodation booked via City Mundo. Worst experience ever and totally unprofessional, they left us stranded with no place to stay.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
6. Re: City Mundo

Barbied402, if you want to help others on future bookings with City Mundo you'll need to supply more information than that. I have used them before several times and my experiences was exactly the opposite.

Amsterdam
reviews: 69
7. Re: City Mundo

Please let us know what happened.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: City Mundo

No worries, details as follows. One of the two rooms we booked on a houseboat was not available on our arrival. Reason being it was full to the 'rafters' with cannabis plants. Now, that might be great for some people and I'm live and let live, however, we aren't smokers and the smell was just too much to bear. City Mundo's solution was to move the plants to another part of the boat, an hour later we checked and the smell was just as bad. We were not offered an alternative and were expected to sleep there. We had to find another place ourselves at 8 at night not having a clue where to start, never having been to Amsterdam before and

conversations with City Mundo since have gone nowhere. They condone the illegal activity and don't think we have any right to complain??? I'm not a prude, but there is no way we could have slept in that smell which pervaded the whole boat and City Mundo's reaction has been incredulous and totally unhelpful.

Amsterdam
reviews: 69
9. Re: City Mundo

A plant or two for own use nobody has a problem with, but a commercial nursery in a living space is often a fire hazard and can be reported anonymously at http://www.meldmisdaadanoniem.nl/ Use Google translate to read their notes on recognising a "hennepkwekerij" here: meldmisdaadanoniem.nl/m-actueel/…

From outside the Netherlands you can make a report using the phone number: 00 31 800 - 7000

Edited: 6:47 am, November 04, 2013
CT
reviews: 43
10. Re: City Mundo

Barbie, would you mind telling us what section the houseboat was in. I say the section and not the exact houseboat because I hope your comment wouldn't get flagged and removed.

I'm very close to booking through City Mundo and was looking at a few of the different houseboats that are available this coming March, but want to make an informed decision.

Thanks

Reply to: City Mundo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted