We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Private Transportation

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
54 reviews
Reliable Private Transportation

Hello! I'm just beginning to work on a pre- and post-cruise stay in Amsterdam in May. I'm looking for dependable private transportation companies that could carry 6 people and luggage from our hotel (Amsterdam Canal Hotel on Weteringschans) to the cruise terminal (Celebrity Constellation) and then pick us up and take us to the same hotel after the cruise. I would like to arrange my airport transportation with the same company. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help! I see lots of information about using public transport, but I don't think the 80+ year old ladies in our group would think it was a good idea! :o

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

www.amsterdamcitytours.com does 6-seater transfers and has quite good reviews here (their less good reviews are about city trips outside of Amsterdam) . Airport to hotel for 74 euro, not bad for 6 people, but not very cheap either.

Edited: 10:28 am, October 01, 2013
Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
1 review
2. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

TCA is a recommended trustworthy company.

http://www.tcataxi.nl

A peoplemover (6 persons) would be 55 euro between hotel and airport, 20 euro between hotel and cruise terminal (assuming we are talking about the PTA Passengers Terminal Amsterdam)

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
166 reviews
3. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

Try supershuttle nl; I have used them (only once, but re-booked them for my trip next week) for 4 people plus luggage and my wheelchair from Airport - Barbizon palace and only cost £33 each way.

Will let you know how we get on again this trip, but on last times trip (which is why we have re-booked) they were at pick up point on time, had a spacious 8 seater minivan, with plenty of room for our luggage and my chair plus still lots of room - so I would think it would be roomy enough for your group of 6.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

Thanks everybody! I'll take a look at those.

Malvern...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

We just departed on a cruise from Amsterdam this past month and needed similar arrangements. We booked with BTC Limousine Service (website: limoamsterdam.com). The service was timely, efficient and comfortable. We were greeted by the driver as we exited the arrivals area of the airport. He had a new and immaculate Mercedes Viano van, which easily accommodated our group of 4 and probably would accommodate a group of 6. He took us to our hotel (the day before our cruise departed). The next day, the driver picked us up at the hotel and took us on a 3-hour tour to a historical village outside Amsterdam that had working windmills, craft and gift shops, then back to the Amsterdam cruise terminal in time to check in for our cruise. The driver was very professional and his English was excellent.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
1 review
6. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

That sounds nice. How much did you paid for it?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
7. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

We used BTC Limo and had a much different outcome than the earlier post on BTC. We used BTC on Sept. 22 and we would never use them again. We did not have a good experience with their service. Ther vehicle was excellent , however the driver was far short of even reasonable.

First he was late which in a service business is a no no, things started OK and Delf was a nice trip stoping at a small fabric and museum, he then just drove around till we said take us to The Hague .his driving was shocking and he became very abrupt, we asked him to drop us in the centre or near by which he did.We met up with him at 13.15 for our trip back having agreed he would drop two of our party off at a nearby hotel.

We encountered a traffic jam on our way back and he navigated round it well but when he re entered the motorway he drove very poorly and aggressive, giving the "finger"to two drivers, when he was the one at fault! At this point I should point out we allowed one hour forty five minutes for Hague to Airport.

After dropping off the two people at their hotel, the same aggression was shown back to the airport ,we advised we wished to be dropped at Transavia terminal which he said he would instead he took us furthest away terminal, dropped us off in the car park and we had to walk Back from row 35 to row 5 Transavia terminal .

We notice he had a pick up at the airport and at the terminal he dropped us off at, his convenience was to be our inconvenience ,also when I told him tips had been included (which was clearly stated on our prepaid billing) he showe his dis pleasure.

All of our party are upset at his behavior.

In conclusion I would NOT recommend BTC for any type pf service!!!

8. Re: Reliable Private Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 11, 2014