We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

hi when is the best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

122 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
61. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Nring : Thanks, I've been monitoring..... and keeping my fingers crossed.

Lisse, The...
reviews: 74
62. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

@skpooh, I’ve visited the Keukenhof again last weekend. The park looked quite similar compared to a week ago at the opening. A lot of crocuses, hyacinths, narcissus and early tulips are blooming. This makes the park extremely colorful in some areas. 95% of the tulips still have to bloom. This seems to be good news but weather became much warmer last few days. so everything comes to bloom very quickly.

I had a look at the fields yesterday. Most of the crocuses fields are gone. The narcissus fields are still blooming. The hyacinths are mostly full blooming. The tulips just started to bloom with some early species, but I also notices some later tulips to be blooming. I expect full bloom of the tulips on the fields about 2 till 3 weeks from now, so mid april. When the wheather doesn't get much colder the next few weaks there's only a little chance for you to see a lot of blooming tulip fields.

If you like to see how things look like right now (flower fields and Keukenhof) you can have a look at my Picase webalbum at: https:/…117794954613548281731

You can also have a look at Nina’s pictures at Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nring23/sets

la
reviews: 6
63. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Hi there,

our family will be in Amsterdam between April 18 and April 23rd, do you suggest us to go to Keukenhof on weekday instead of a weekend to avoid the crowd? Also should we consider purchasing a tour ticket ahead of time or is it something we can purchase once we get to the Netherlands? What do you think about taking public transportation to Keukenhof with a 3 yrs old?

We are looking forward to hear back from you all and to visit The Netherlands!

Kevin

Schiphol, The...
reviews: 59
64. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Now! Tulips are in wonderful bloom.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
reviews: 8
65. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

@kevinhuan1 Absolutely on a week day - easter weekend will be very crowded. You can buy the tickets on the website of Keukenhof (there is also a combination ticket with transportation - see the visitors guide at the top Questions on the top right of trip advisor site.) And you can also purchase the tickets at the entrance of the Keukenhof. Public transportation with a 3-year old is not a problem.

Have a great time visiting the Keukenhof

Nina

Lisse, The...
66. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

I’ve visited the Keukenhof again yesterday and it was busy like during the weekends last years. The waiting line for the busses was about 200m long. So please note this is the most busy period for the Keukenhof. Because of internet (and TA) most people know exactly when the park and the fields are at full bloom. Because full bloom started this week and will last for 2 to 3 weeks it will be very very busy every day from now on. But still weekdays are better than the weekends.

If you like to see how the Keukenhof looked like yesterday you can have a look at my webalbum at Picasa (the most recent pictures are at the end): https:/…117794954613548281731

Reading, United...
67. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

I am planning to visit on Monday 14th (i.e. next week) so I guess I am going be happy with the blooms

Also - I have bought my parking and entrance tickets online (just did it)- should I be aware of anything

Lisse, The...
68. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

@Manrak, moday will be fine. They have enough parking lots so no worries about that. It will be busy when the weather is fine but not overcrowded. From 15.00h the park will be less busy because most tour busses left by that time. Your lucky because the park is amazing right now. Have a nice visit!

Singapore, Singapore
69. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

@CorTT : I saw your pic - "Lasagna Technique" - what does it mean? Different flowers will bloom at different stage? If I'm planning to visit Keukenhof on 28 Apr, then I should be seeing the last stage of the bloom?

Do I need to buy the Combi Tix online now? Or can I buy when I arrive at Amsterdam?

Edited: 9:08 am, April 10, 2014
Lisse, The...
70. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

@Skooph, most of the spring flowers only bloom for about a week. But the Keukenhof is open for about two months. They plant millions of flower bulbs in their gardens by hand each jear. To get the park to bloom for the whole period they plant flower bulbs in three layers. Each layer blooms for about a week but at different times. So they manage the park to be colourful for the whole period of opening. So for example: first crocuses, second early tulips and third late tulips.

The flowers are cut off of or prayed with chemicals on the fields but not at the Keukenhof gardens. So there will be much flowers left for you. You will see a lot of hyacinths and tulips blooming.

Edited: 10:18 am, April 10, 2014
Reply to: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted