We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

hi when is the best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

120 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 130
1. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Hi there,

Crystal Ball mind ON ;-)

IF we have an average winter, 3rd week of April.

But if winter softer than usual, 1 week earlier; and if stronger than usual (as 2013), then 1-2 weeks later

Crystal ball mind OFF

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

London
reviews: 34
2. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Last two weeks in April are the best chance of seeing the tulips at their best. Although in 2014 that will coincide with Easter (18-21 April) and King's Day (27th April) so be prepared for high demand for flights, trains and hotels.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
3. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

King's Day is the 26th since the 27th is a Sunday.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

i foresee that april 24th, at 11am would be the best time to visit

London, United...
5. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

hi thanks a lot for all of your valuable suggestions, i will plan accordingly

i also need a budget hotel which is convenient to airport and tulip gardens i am planning with my family with 2 children

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
6. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

We will need more info to give you hotel suggestions. What is your budget? Amenities? How long will your stay be? Just keep in mind that the start of the tulip season just after Easter and near King's Day don't mix.

London, United...
7. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

i am planning for 2 night stay and not sure of the budget and looking for good deal with attached bathroom and if possible breakfast and easy access to travel by bus or train to airport and tulip garden

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
8. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Sriman, you could try to find something in Lisse, which is the town with all the flower growers and where Keukenhof is. I don't know if you have any other plans for things to see and do in the Netherlands. Lisse is a 40 minute trip from the airport. In Lisse you could walk or bike to see the flowers (if they are in bloom).

Alternatively, you could stay in Leiden and then travel to Lisse from there. Leiden is a bigger town, picturesque and worth visiting in its own right, and would be more convenient for trips to Amsterdam, The Hague, Delft, etc.

www.9292.nl/en is a door-to-door public transport planner.

London, United...
9. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

hi thanks for the reply any suggestions of hotel names in leiden and lisse and also can you let me know how i need to travel from amsterdam airport to these places any website details. can i book the tickets to travel in advance if so can you mention them.

I am just planning to see tulip gardens and if possible to cover brussels as well any advice will be of great help

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
10. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

"hi thanks for the reply any suggestions of hotel names in leiden and lisse"

I suggest you look for an apartment through Airbnb.com or hotel through booking.com

"and also can you let me know how i need to travel from amsterdam airport to these places any website details. can i book the tickets to travel in advance if so can you mention them."

www.9292.nl/en

Just buy tickets over here. Fix price.

"I am just planning to see tulip gardens and if possible to cover brussels as well any advice will be of great help"

Brussels is ugly, grey, big and smelly. Oh and it has a few nice parts. But not worth travelling to, in my opinion. There are many nicer towns within the Netherlands. Search the forums for suggestions or do a Google search.

Reply to: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted