We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nijmegen, The...
Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

Is it possible to get from Schiphol aiport to Nijmegen by bus? (not by train)

Is het mogelijk om van luchthaven Schiphol naar Nijmegen met de bus te gaan? (niet met de trein)

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

With a very few exceptions, there are no long distance buses in NL so the answer to your question is no. The train is your only viable public transport option.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
2. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

Yes. But it takes 5 hours (6 changes, 7 buses) or 5.5 hours (4 changes, 5 buses) instead of 1.5 hours (train). 9292.nl/reisadvies/…

Go to www.9292.nl, fill out Schiphol and Nijmegen in the boxes, click More options / Meer reisopties, and (un)tick the means of transport you want to use or not use.

Why do you ask?

Edited: 5:16 am, September 24, 2013
Gateshead, United...
3. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

does anybody know if the train tickets can only be bought at the machine after 8pm ? or are there ticket attendants at the ticket sales , or is it best to pre buy from the uk? travel from Amsterdam to nijimegen

Pune, India
reviews: 263
4. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

I would suggest buying a ticket online on www.ns.nl. Buying tickets at the machine is a major pain as the machine accepts Dutch bank cards only. Of course they also accept cash.

Edited: 3:09 pm, December 04, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

The machines are open 24 hours. Ticket counters are open until the train station closes. At Schiphol and Amsterdam Centraal the machines will accept credit cards and most debit cards although they wil charge you a transaction fee so please disregard the advice in post 4. Some will also accept coins but not all and they only accept a certain amount of coins before the vomit them back out again. Fare Amsterdam to Nijmegen is €17,50 and not sure what the max amount of coins is but close to that.

Best bet is to go to the ticket counter and buy there and pay the 50c per ticket supplement.

You can't buy tickets online at ns.nl without a Dutch bank card, they don't accept CC's or foreign cards. Jeez how much incorrect info can you give in a post!!

Pune, India
reviews: 263
6. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

Maybe the ticket vending machines accept European credit and debit cards, none of my Indian credit or debit cards - mastercard or visa - have worked as far as I know. As far as counter timings are concerned, I have seen them unmanned after 8 pm and for me 8 pm is not very late - maybe I am wrong.

Also apologies for the gaffe, you need a Dutch bank card to buy tickets online from the www.ns.nl site. I was speaking about www.nshispeed.nl but your domestic travel requirements means that you cannot book tickets using this site, except the FYRA. Strangely I can use Indian credit cards on this site.

Edited: 4:49 pm, December 04, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
7. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

Dunno about Indian CC's. NS are in the dark ages as far as taking plastic but they certainly accept them. Perhaps it was your bank rejecting the transaction.

AT Amsterdam central the service and verkoop points seem to be open 24 hours

ns.nl/reizigers/reisinformatie/stationsvoorz…

Also at Schiphol

ns.nl/reizigers/reisinformatie/stationsvoorz…

Perhaps at smaller stations they close earlier.

8. Re: Schiphol to Nijmegen bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2014