We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference in quality of smoke ?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo Area
reviews: 2
Difference in quality of smoke ?

Is there really much of a difference in weed from one Coffeeshop to another? Would it be fair to say Amnesia Haze is the same from one place to another? I don't know where the coffeeshops get their supply.

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com

You'll likely get a number of good answers here

Edited: 11:01 pm, September 22, 2013
Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

Where's John?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
3. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

Quality can vary from week to week in the same shop.

Lets think about this. What product do we know made by a lot of different people that has the exact same quality rating from producer to producer?

At times one shop will have better orange bud than someone else will have.

I love stopping in the shops. But if this were wine I would be buying a large jug of gallo wine and I would think it pretty darn good.

There may be better blueberry in town but the blueberry at the noon is always smokable. And it's cheap.

The are some truly high quality expensive smokes in Amsterdam. If that is what you are looking for. The kind of stuff blog writers write about .

There are a lot of places to suggest but the Grey Area and Dampkering would be two of them.

Buffalo Area
4. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

Thank you John, you have brought a smile to my face!

Although I travel to Amsterdam every year, and have been in many, many coffeeshops, I really have not noticed much difference in the smoke between them. I always steer clear of ones that offered pre-packed ones.

I have read conflicting reviews of some of the shops, and must assume that there is a reason for that (ambiance type of music, quality of coffee, bud tender receptiveness, etc, etc.). I also have my favorites, but there are some who may disagree with me.

Looking forward to next week!!!

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

Blue -

<I have read conflicting reviews of some of the shops, and must assume that there is a reason for that (ambiance type of music, quality of coffee, bud tender receptiveness, etc, etc.). I also have my favorites, but there are some who may disagree with me.>

I find the choice of a coffeeshop to be a very personal one based on the factors you list . Just trial and error based on stopping in and trying them out. I use reviews for a point of reference but have really liked shops with bad reviews and vise versa. Haven't been to Dampring but John recommends it often so it won't be long.

The reason I did not respond to your original question is I do not buy in bulk. I like to stop in, tell the budtender the mood I'm looking for and buy pre-rolled joints based on his/her recommendation and have at it. I spent years rolling my own (or smoking out of a pipe or bong) and simply don't have the inclination to do that any more.

Based on John's description, I think I'm going to give a volcano a try though.

Edited: 6:31 pm, September 23, 2013
Buffalo Area
6. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

What is a volcano?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
7. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

A volcano is a desk top vaporizer. A type,of VAPO.

It heats the bud it does not burn it. You get no smoke just vapor. It's a different way of smoking without actually smoking.

Many shops will have a VAPO to use but it may not be a volcano.

Do be careful. The first time I swore I was taking nothing in. So I kept inhaling. It felt like I was blowing out vapor for 20 mins once I exhaled.

Blue, I realize a lot of people love to buy high end high $ smoke that is highly reviewed. Good for them.

But I am always happy with my 4 grams of blueberry for 23 euros from the Noon.

storz-bickel.com/vaporizer/volcano-vaporizat…

Edited: 7:58 pm, September 23, 2013
8. Re: Difference in quality of smoke ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 25, 2014