We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Car rental in Amsterdam

Hi, We are planning to drive from Amsterdam to Belgium for 5 days in October and we need at least a 7-seater car as we are a group of 6 adults. We are used to driving auto cars but the car rental agencies in Amsterdam seem to have only 7-seater manual cars. I wonder if anyone can advise where we can rent an auto 7-seater car from ? Thank you

20 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

OK after extensive research I found this multirent-carrental.com/cars/… which seems to be theonly auto 7 seater in Amsterdam.

just be careful though that it has enough space as the rear 2 seats are fold down type. It does seem fairly large but depends on how big the people in your group are.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

Hi, Thanks so much for the information. I have checked out their website and indeed they do have a 7-seater auto car. I have emailed to ask if they are also located at the Amsterdam Airport as we intend to drop the car there on the last day before we fly off. Really appreciate your response and info. I wonder though why their website does not appear when we google car rental in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

Clearly if you look at their website they don't have an airport location but do have one in nearby Hooftdorp next to the train statio so you could drop everyone off at the airport, return the car and take the train one stop back.

multirent-carrental.com/locations/…

>>I wonder though why their website does not appear when we google car rental in Amsterdam.<<

Dunno but that is why we're here ;-)

Amsterdam
reviews: 69
4. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

I don't think Multi-Rent are very smart when it comes to marketing, but I have also hired from them.

Great value and no problems. The location was a bit unhandy, but the price and the service made up for it.

Mr Other

http://mrothers.blogspot.nl/

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

Pay close attention to Ron's tip about luggage. The 7-passenger Volkswagen pictured shows room for one large piece of luggage and three small pieces.

Amsterdam
reviews: 69
6. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

Oh yes, that's a good point about luggage. I once hired a seven-seater (not from Multi-Rent) to drive myself and six teenagers with weekend luggage (one overnight bag each) and there was NOWHERE left for bags once all the seats were folded open for use. All the kids had to sit under piles of bags.

Mr Other

http://mrothers.blogspot.nl/

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
7. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

... and to elaborate on the luggage issue: that might not be a problem if you travel directly to a hotel and offload all luggage there (and if you don't mind sitting with luggage on your laps for hours). But if you stop for a city visit along the way and there are bags in plain view through the car windows while the car is parked for a few hours, that might provoke a car break-in. Or you would have to be able to refold the last seat and hide all the luggage in the trunk...?

I don't know how much more it would cost to rent two smaller cars (from Schiphol airport) with enough luggage space and just use two cars. It also depends on the gas usage of those cars as compared to the 7-seater.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

Yep it might even be an idea to go to your local VW dealer and have a sneaky peek in one.

Oz
reviews: 14
9. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

http://www.sixt.com/fleet-guide/ SIXT seems to have 7 people auto transmission equipment.

Toyota Sienna, Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town&Country

Ford Expedition, Chevrolet Tahoe, Nissan Armada

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
10. Re: Car rental in Amsterdam

Maybe in the USA my friend but you will not find those models here in sixt.nl

Reply to: Car rental in Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted