We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

des experts help

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
des experts help

Thinking of coming to amsterdam for my wifes 40th birthday in late october. a couple of questions for those who know !!!

We like going out eating and drinking till late, preferably bars with music later in the evening. we also like to stay somewhere we only have to walk. S it appears the city itself would be best suited.

So,,,,,,

1) can you tell me a couple of luxury hotels right in the city.

2) What time do the bars or clubs etc open till at night.

3) Is it truly mixed age groups in the city of a late evening.

Thankyou to any one that may help.

8 replies to this topic
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
1. Re: des experts help

1)intercontinental-amstel, hotel l'europe

2) fri/sat - 2 to 3am, sun-thurs -1 to 2 am

3) yes, younger in the trendy clubs, older in the pubs and bars

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
2. Re: des experts help

1) Hotel de l'Europe, Pulitzer, Marriott, American Hotel, Amstel Hotel (Intercontinental) just to name a few. See this too: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…where-to-stay or consider renting a nice apartment.

2) On weekdays and Sundays bars close at 1am, on Fridays and Saturdays at 2am. A few stay open later. Nightclubs may be open until 5am. More about nightlife here:

Bars & cafes: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…bars-and-cafes

Clubbing & nightlife: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experience/what-to-do/w…

3) I don't understand your question...

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 2:25 pm, September 14, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
3. Re: des experts help

1. The Pulitzer, The Dylan or Conservatorium

2. At the weekend some bars are open as late as 5:00 with most closing by 3:00 as Steve mentioned.

3. Restaurants tend to close around 22:00. Castell, Envy and Brasserie Bark are open until at least midnight. The bars on the Spui and Utrechtstraat tend to draw an older crowd.

Florida
reviews: 46
4. Re: des experts help

My vote for a hotel is the Banks Mansion. Choose a room with a canal view. Free snacks and wine throughout the day. What can be better than that?

liverpool, england
reviews: 142
5. Re: des experts help

What is your budget for the hotel? There are plenty of grand, luxury and down right opulent hotels in Amsterdam but even 1 and 2 star hostel feel hotels can have a high price tag, plus there are plenty of 4 and 5 stars at reasonable prices if you fall lucky - as well as using options like priceline and secret hotels.

We are mid 40's and have a great time in Amsterdam - taking our 18th trip in a few weeks; weekend nights can be as late as breakfast the next day, if thats what you want, although some of the late night clubs do tend to have a younger crowd, although we have rarely felt out of place anywhere - and that is with me in a wheelchair, although that said, access does prohibit me from experiencing a few places I would have otherwise frequented.

Amsterdam
reviews: 69
6. Re: des experts help

I suggest you look at (1) the Conservatorium Hotel, (2)The Dylan, (3) Sofitel Legend The Grand and possibly also (4) the Andaz Amsterdam.

Mr Other

http://mrothers.blogspot.nl/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 6
7. Re: des experts help

The Marriott is a nice choice.

Great location, very good rooms, nice size loo, fine beds, and very quiet.

Typical Marriott service.

IMO as good a location as there is

Essen, Germany
reviews: 82
8. Re: des experts help

If you are fond of venerable hotels I would have a look at Amstel Intercontinental, L`Europe or Pulitzer.

I just noticed another interesting blog:-)

Reply to: des experts help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted