We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

I have been online this morning searching for trains from Amsterdam to Munich round trip in October. I am getting a total price from B-Europe.com of $436 USD for the round trip tickets for 2 seniors. This is much less than what I am getting from the eurorailways.com website, which is giving me a price of over $800 USD. These quotes are both for day trains with a transfer in Hannover. I don't want to get scammed. Are this site and their prices legit, or am I doing something wrong? I am new to this, so please forgive my ignorance.

14 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

Yes I'd rather say that eurorailways.com, looks like same organisation as Eurail, is a scammer. They're legal but often charge absurd prices; yes the multi-country passes are convenient but as often you still need to pay surcharges for high-speed trains on top of the passes the convenience fades quickly :-(

B-rail is NMBS (Belgian national rail); alternate sites with probably similar prices are www.bahn.de and www.nshispeed.nl

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

Thank you so much for replying so quickly. I also wanted to ask: Is the difference between 1st class and 2nd class worth the extra money? I have not traveled by rail in Europe since the late 1950's.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
3. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

Hi again,

Depends on what you're after. Generally 1st class has more leg space and 3 abreast seats (2 + 1) while 2nd class has 4 abreast. But in International trains people standing are rare - so not much to worry. If you have a transfer in Hannover that means most likely you have first the Amsterdam-Hannover IC train; that doubles as a domestic express train (no compulsory reservations) until Hengelo and then, if rush hour, it CAN be a bit packed in 2nd class.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

For this trip I would say use the German railsite BAHN or the NShishpeed site. Nothing wrong with the b-europe site though. As Erik mentioned it is the official site for the Belgian rail network.

To be honest I would consider flying. It will probably be cheaper and far quicker.

Check Skyscaner for prices on your dates

5. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

Thank you Erik and Ronaldo. I appreciate your help. Ronaldo, you are probably right about flying, but my wife REALLY wants to ride a train :)

We may take the train down and fly back. Do the airlines on the Munich-Amsterdam route charge the same exorbitant baggage fees, etc, that the US airlines charge?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
6. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

One-way airfare is often very expensive. Better take roundtrips then.

You can also consider the city night line if you feel adventerous.

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
7. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

On www.nshispeed.nl I see low as well as very high prices. That explains why you found big differences.

I think it's worth going 1st class. Last time I did that to Germany I got a fixed seat reservation of course, but went to sit alone in an empty 1st class compartment, very quiet, and nobody cared. You don't HAVE to take the allocated seat. For the cheapest fares it costs only a bit (10 euro) more than 2nd class.

reviews: 9
8. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

Skimmed this thread, but thought I would add that lowest rail prices are usually tied to restrictive change/cancellation terms, so read carefully before booking. Also, the availability os discounted tickets is limited and they often sell out quickly.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Ghana, Vienna
reviews: 4
9. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

Fares offered through the official rail carriers of each country (DB Bahn, www.bahn.de, for Germany, for example) is the only truly legit way to buy train tickets in Europe. An $800 fare is criminal; actual fare through DB is a quarter or even a fifth of this price.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
10. Re: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???

wow 800 usd ,, still choking this down,, i remember a few years back i took the overnight from Munich to Amsterdam for around 60 usd,, a bit more if you want a sleeper if i remember correct,,

but take the advise above Bahn for your rail tickets

peace matty

Reply to: Is the www.b-europe.com website legit???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted