We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which weather forecast can we trust?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beersheba, Israel
reviews: 85
which weather forecast can we trust?

We just spent a great day in Amsterdam - but we just did not know what to expect - the morning forecast was for rain and it ended up being a beautiful day -

I realize the weather in Amsterdam is fickle and hard to predict. are there better sites where at least the morning prediction reflects the same day?

Am I asking too much?

Thanks, S

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 55
1. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

Windfinder.com (or the app) is about 90% reliable in my experience. It tells you the forecast very locally and in blocks of a few hours.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
2. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

>>which weather forecast can we trust?<<

Yesterdays!!

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

Which forecast did you use?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

try this one..maybe they have an app..its in dutch but you get the drift

weer.nl/wereldweer/…amsterdam.html

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
5. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

For short-term I use the "rain-radar": http://www.buienradar.nl/

For long-term "wunderground" is usually quite good: http://www.wunderground.com/

The last one I also use when I'm not in the Netherlands...You can also see the weather on an hourly basis, so a difference between the morning and afternoon...

Never trust a forecast for more than 1-2 days though ;-)

Edited: 12:47 am, September 12, 2013
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
6. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

Personally I like www.nu.nl/weer.

It is in Dutch but the symbols are easily understood. Also, it has a rain radar which projects forward two hours and is generally very accurate.

Beersheba, Israel
reviews: 85
7. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

Thanks all,

Yesterday really was opposite - we left the apartment we rented ready for rain and had a wonderful day - of course I am not complaining in this direction....

Will try your suggestions, but mostly will carry raincoat and umbrella for a five of us on a daily basis.

Shlomi

Essen, Germany
reviews: 88
8. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

It was a windfall (for me:-) that the weather forecast for yesterday hasn´t been correct, except a short shower in the afternoon it was perfect, compared with the day before. I have often noticed that the weather in Amsterdam changes a lot all the time, probably a matter of a special location/condition.

I use http://www.wetteronline.de/wetter/amsterdam

Edited: 2:50 am, September 12, 2013
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
9. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

My go-tos are the same as Pijlmans'. Buienradar is fantastic. You can check your phone and see that you have a 1/2hour or whatever break in the rain, or that it will stop in 15 minutes, etc. Pretty damn accurate.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 55
10. Re: which weather forecast can we trust?

Patara, yes sometimes we get all 4 seasons in 1 day. :-) Hail followed by hot sunshine is not all that weird over here.

Buienradar is very useful indeed, very often my colleagues check it before going home and they either go quickly, or wait for the gap in the showers. There's also a smartphone app of it, you need to click the Play arrow to see it move. It's also very useful for bike holidays! :-) When to time your coffee breaks.