We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
4 posts
Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

I was looking for Vacation Rentals in Amsterdam and those prices made me wonder about if they are per person or per night? It say per night but some of them are way too cheap for per night factor.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

Link sends us to worldwide website. Impossible too tell. Please send a link to a specific property.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 posts
2. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

Like this one. It says 100 USD per night but when you look at the rates, it starts from 133 USD to 155 USD? Why does he/she charge extra 33-55 USD ?

tripadvisor.com/…map

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,915 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

It says FROM $100 per night. prices vary depending on the season and day of the week I guess.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 posts
4. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

I see but that is not sensible. You can say from 10 USD and charge customers for 1000 USD. Anyway..

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

You're right - a bit strange. Suggest contacting management who seem to give prompt responses. Definitely not a case of being a "price per person". Should not be over 30% more.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

It makes perfect sense, $100 would be the rate in the low season. Did you make an inquiry and get a rate for your specific dates?

Aylmer
Level Contributor
64 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

You have to read the ad for the specific property very carefully. Some of the ads are per person per night, in fact they may be a single accomodation only. Others are listed for the property per night. A lot of them are more expensive for weekend nights that week nights.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
36 posts
8. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

From my experience with multiple rental sites, owners sometimes list price per person. It seems to be more common with budget accommodations, while I also think it is a 'marketing' strategy for searches by price.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

<while I also think it is a 'marketing' strategy for searches by price>

This is what is sounding reasonable to me.

10. Re: Are those prices in vacational rentals per person ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 13, 2014