We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

We are a gay couple wanting to spend four nights in Amsterdam to celebrate the coming of the New Year. Besides the exploring the city on bikes, we would also like to know where the best gay parties are on New Year's eve. Any advice would be gratefully received.

6 replies to this topic
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
1. Re: New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

on this street you should find what you are looking for..

iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…reguliersdwarsstraat

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 49
2. Re: New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

A lot of parties are probably not planned yet at this point but some may be given every year. Lots of parties tend to have hefty entrance fees on NYE but they include free drinks all night. Don't know if that is the case for gay parties too.

I have no idea which ones are fun because I always do small celebrations with friends. I find New Year's parties tend to be a let-down (straight or gay) because suddenly there is a whole different crowd and vibe in a club/bar than usual, and people get really really drunk and sometimes agressive... but of course it could be fun too, especially if you don't know the 'usual' atmosphere of a place or party.

It's probably best to find out about some gay party organizers and gay bars and follow their Facebook pages, for example Club Church, Club Air, Danserette, Club Nyx, Bar Prik, Getto cocktail bar (no h), Pink Istanbul, Spellbound, Multisexi, Lupe (deejay), and lots more. Really depends on what type of scene you're into as well.

Also probably better to ask some local gay guys through gay forums, those Facebook pages, or Grindr. That way at least you know what age group and scene (more or less) to expect.

You may also want to know that in Amsterdam people light their own fireworks all over the city (mainly between midnight and 1am, but some continue for hours) and it can get really scary, what with people being drunk and uncareful (putting the fireworks in wobbly bottles which may cause them to shoot at people rather than the sky, things like that).

Hope this helps, have fun,

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 5:48 pm, September 09, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 7
3. Re: New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

i know during queens day ,, the bars gay on the Zeedijk, ie Queens head) had big parttys till about 4 am on queend night, i was at the barbizon palace ,, keep me awake with the music, (if i heard gloria one more time )

lol)

London, United...
4. Re: New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

Thank you Cecilia, you've been very helpful.

I know what you mean about going to clubs on NYE tends to be an expensive let down.

I found out that Rapido is having one of their awesome parties on the 1st so we probably save ourselves for that and just do the streets on the 31st.

I'll keep an eye for drunken fireworks ;)

Again thanks

B.

London, United...
5. Re: New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

Many thanks Steve, very kind and helpful.

Cheers

B.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 49
6. Re: New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam

A few streets in Amsterdam that have a few gay bars close together: Reguliersdwarsstraat; Warmoesstraat; Amstel (the part near Rembrandtplein); Zeedijk. Each probably attract a different crowd but I only know the Amstel tends to attract bears / leather gays.

Reply to: New year's Eve 2013 in Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted