We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thankyou amsterdam (again)

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester UK
reviews: 25
thankyou amsterdam (again)

I'm back home after another successful trip to my favourite city. This time we stayed on Westerdok which was perfect in every way. Thanks to all of you who made our trip so great. The NS staff, KLM staff and security at Schipol. The bar tenders and waiters were all fabulous. However, no thanks to some sadistic cyclists who terrified my 75 year old mother on more than one occasion with their pavement riding and general lack of regard for someone too old to jump out of their way. Oh and thanks to Hema for their tummy pink cakes.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

And Amsterdam thanks you ;-)

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 70
2. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

So did you make it over to Flevopark?

Nice to hear you enjoyed it and sorry on behalf of the rude cyclists...

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
3. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

pink cakes, you mean tompoezen?

https://www.google.nl/search…

You just made it out of Amsterdam just on time.

Raining season just started..

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

did you have it met slagroom?

manchester UK
5. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

I did not make it to Flevopark in the end. We went to old favourite Vondel instead where we paddled I the shallow pool.

Yes! Tompoes! How delicious! (I meant to type yummy in my original post, but it came out 'tummy'! Apt considering I ate lots of them and now my clothes feel tighter!).

I am already thinking of our next visit.......

manchester UK
6. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

I did not make it to Flevopark in the end. We went to old favourite Vondel instead where we paddled I the shallow pool.

Yes! Tompoes! How delicious! (I meant to type yummy in my original post, but it came out 'tummy'! Apt considering I ate lots of them and now my clothes feel tighter!).

I am already thinking of our next visit.......

Edited: 2:21 am, September 09, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 70
7. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

The tummiest / yummiest tompoezen of the country are worth a detour / daytrip: Hotel New York grand cafe in Rotterdam make their own! Those are just to die for. And it's a great place, an old industrial building with tall ceiling and lots of history. And it's very near Fotomuseum so you can 'make up' by doing a culturally responsible visit after the tummy tompoes :-)

So come back soon.

8. Re: thankyou amsterdam (again)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 11, 2014