We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajax tickets

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ajax, Canada
reviews: 1
Ajax tickets

I'm arriving in Amsterdam on Thursday morning and would love to go to Saturday's game between Ajax and PEC Zwolle. Is there anywhere I can get tickets? Since its a one time thing I don't mind paying a bit of a premium but don't want to get scorched either.

Thanks

27 replies to this topic
Southampton, United...
21. Re: Ajax tickets

How and why would ajax block/cancel tickets ?thanks

Positano, Italy
reviews: 39
22. Re: Ajax tickets

The terms and conditions regarding the purchase of tickets stated by the KNVB ( Dutch governing body of Football ) state that it's not allowed to resell tickets unless it's a private affair. In very few cases Ajax or the KNVB block tickets. For example when they discover that a large amount of tickets is offered online by one party. In general you should not have any problems when buying your ticket via viagogo but in the past also tickets bought from this website were blocked. So , in most cases when buying your ticket online ( third party ) you will gain entry to the stadium without any issues, but there have been some incidents.

Edited: 1:11 am, March 02, 2014
TheHague
reviews: 164
23. Re: Ajax tickets

As Jumeirah has said, the KNVB and Ajax look for sellers offering large numbers of tickets, they then purchase one of these tickets to identify the purchaser, then electronically cancel any other tickets which had been sold in the same block to this purchaser. The ticket simply won't open the turnstile when you try to enter the stadium. It's a theoretical risk because it would simply be too expensive to buy up hundreds of tickets for every single Ajax match, but it does happen. The KNVB (Dutch FA) also do this for Holland home games, for some matches several hundred tickets have been blocked.

If your ticket is blocked, Ajax will only let you in if you are able to produce a clubcard to match the ticket. This a membership card required to buy Ajax tickets in the first place.

If buying from Viagogo, look for a seller offering small numbers (1 or 2) of tickets, as they are likely to be ordinary people rather than professional touts.

TheHague
24. Re: Ajax tickets

Note that you do not officially need a clubcard to enter the stadium. The clubcard owner automatically becomes responsible for the behaviour of anybody who enters the stadium on tickets bought in their name. The only time a clubcard becomes useful is if your ticket becomes blocked due to suspicion of being sold on the black market - during recent matches, people with clubcards were allowed to enter the stadium even though their tickets were blocked.

Varese, Italy
25. Re: Ajax tickets

I bought two ticktes for Ajax - Twente (29 march) via Viagogo but I'm very afraid that I can't enter at the Arena. I've spent a lot of money and my trip to Amsterdam is only for Ajax... Last year via OAD no problem but now I'm doubtful. If anyone have some suggstion....

TheHague
26. Re: Ajax tickets

The vast majority of people who buy Viagogo tickets for Ajax games get in without any trouble. Don't worry.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
27. Re: Ajax tickets

ive used them a few times no worries

Reply to: Ajax tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted