We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oz
reviews: 11
Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

In an earlier question, Matty223 posted a link www.flickr.com/photos/amsmatty of her pics which are great. However, I was floored by the prices on the coffee shop menus.

As a 45+ year hippie who is making one last hurrah trip back to Amsterdam before I simply can't do the flights anymore, I really hope there are some local joints that don't hate on pricing. I am greatly amused at the marketing, silly names; pictures, etc. because as any good head knows....it don't matter what it looks like; what it smells like; or what it tastes like......it matters what it does to your head. I've had the best and the worst.

All I want is a Grade B product that I can afford on my fixed income. €14 for 1 crummy gram? Any suggestions as to local places where there aren't many if any tourists where an old guy can get his $12.00 lid? (I know those are gone....but something affordable to a fixed income person??). Thanks.

27 replies to this topic
Florida
reviews: 46
21. Re: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

@HarpendenHenry: If I were you, I'd go to this website for that kind of information: www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com

Berkhamsted, United...
reviews: 10
22. Re: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

I'm in Amsterdam at the end of October. Maybe you could offer some advice on what's hot and what's not concerning a good smoke. Will be celebrating 48th while there. Any suggestions welcome.

Berkhamsted, United...
reviews: 10
23. Re: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

Many thanks for that. I'll have a look now.

Oz
reviews: 11
24. Re: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

MrJohnMd: THANKS! for this excellent referral to Noon. I've got the address locked into GPS and plotting the tram ride to there and back to where I'll be.

Winter Haven...
25. Re: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

You would really have to know where Noon is to find it or just stumble upon it. At any rate, it will be visited next trip.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 17
26. Re: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

And in the main touristy arease which coffeeshop is recommended. Not a smoker and just a one time holiday tryout, so don't mind trying a good one, ok with a wee expensive. Read enough to avoid the Grasshopper. Barney's? Pink Floyd?

Cheers!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
27. Re: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)

La Tertulia

Reply to: Coffee Shop Prices (gouging)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted