We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel (Hilton)

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, United...
Airport to Hotel (Hilton)

How difficult / easy is it to get a train from the Airport to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and a return ?

Our flight lands 18.45 on a Wednesday evening ..

Our return flight is 09.45 on Saturday morning ..

Me and my partner are not very confident travellers and are pretty worried we might get wrong train .. or miss flight home if we arrive at airport late. Taxis appear very expensive and i cant find any transfer companys at a reasonable price.

Any info would be grateful. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Airport to Hotel (Hilton)

the hotel is right next to the centraal tran station,, 15 min train rid eto the Airport leave every 15 min on track 14b usually, i reccomend the train is very easy , have no worries

peace Matty

I fyou have any wories about wrng train,, just ask for the train to Amsterdam centraal station

Edited: 11:40 am, September 02, 2013
Amsterdam
reviews: 69
2. Re: Airport to Hotel (Hilton)

You'll be fine with the train. There is a bit of a Foregate Street / Shrub Hill issue, so make sure you are on a train for Amsterdam Centraal (and not a train for Amsterdam RAI or Amsterdam Zuid). This is all clearly marked on the platform at Schiphol though, so you shouldn't have any problem.

If you're worried about the ticket machines (they speak English and take credit cards) go to the "Train Tickets & Services" counter and pay a few cents extra to have a live person sell you a ticket. Here's a pic of what you're looking for: http://goo.gl/AqU57S At the counter they will also be able to tell you which platform to go to. The platforms are below the ticket hall, down one of three escalators (in the left of that photo). You have to choose the right escalator, but that is also clearly marked (one for platforms 1 & 2, another for platforms 3 & 4 and so on).

Edited: 1:16 pm, September 02, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
3. Re: Airport to Hotel (Hilton)

And have a read through the first question in the Top Question on the right side of this page. You may even find a few other answers while you're there.

Reply to: Airport to Hotel (Hilton)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted