We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune
Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

Hi

I know there are lots of topics on the similar lines being discussed but after going through them I could not take out what it will mean to me and hence I am writing this topic. please if you can help me in this.

I will be relocated to Netherlands through my company in India. I got excited about this but when I searched through Internet about what will be the cost of living and taxation, I was confused and afraid after doing some calculations. So I wish to know what will be

1. Cost of living per month if I (me and my wife) will rent a 1Bedroom Furnished Flat (with 1 hall, 1 Kitchen and Washroom attached), travel by Public Transport, Cook at home.

2. Tax Amount if the Gross income is 52000 Euros

3. Traveling cost with own vehicle

4. What and How are the General Medical facilities?

Thanks in advance for your time to reply above queries.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

your company should have all this information , didnt they give you a relocation package of any sort

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
2. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

NL is a high tax country. If gross income is 52,000 you can expect to lose about 45% of that in taxes. So from a monthly gross income of 4.5k you should expect to receive around 2.5k. If your employer does not cover it, you will also have to pay about 140 per person per month compulsory health insurance.

You don't say where in NL you plan to work/live. Costs can vary widely but expect to pay at least 1000 per month for a furnished apartment.

Traveling cost with own vehicle can vary widely but look at 0.35 per km and you won't be far wrong.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
3. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

Relocation posts are not allowed by TA, sorry. Try Expatica. As Matty said you should be asking your company for information regarding taxation especially the 30% ruling. The question is not your gross salary but what ends up in your hand at the end of the month.

I will give you a few tips. If you plan on staying in Amsterdam a furnished 1 bed flat will cost you around €1k to €1.5k per month upwards.

You will need to pay your own medical insurance. Again you really need this info from your employer.

€52 is a reasonable salary but this is an expensive country. You might have to make a few compromises.

Please delete your pother post.

Essen, Germany
reviews: 88
4. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

I could tell you about the flat of my son but I don´t know if it is appropriate to talk about the rent ASO in this forum.

Flats are pretty expensive, you have to search very carefully...and mostly you have to involve a realtor.

Perhaps you don´t need a car, many people are just using bikes.

I know from my son that sometimes foreigners paid a lower tax than Dutchs, at least for a while but I´m not sure if it is still working like this and perhaps only for EU members.

I think matty223 is right, if it is your own company who sends you to Amsterdam they should give you at least some basic and important informations about the life there.

But perhaps some locals or expats can give you some more informations too.

Good luck

patara01

Essen, Germany
5. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

Sorry, I missed your post, Ronaldo.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
6. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

And Brian's ;-)

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

One of those things where everybody posted at the same time.

Essen, Germany
8. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

Very often it takes some time till I have written my reply, either because I have to use my dictionary or because I get disrupted and then I mostly don´t notice the previous post:-((

Essen, Germany
9. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

1000 Euro for a furnished flat is not very much. When my son began to search he was told by some realtors that normally their offers began at around 1500 euro...

Amsterdam
reviews: 67
10. Re: Take Home Salary and Taxation in Netherlands

The 30% ruling which Ronaldo referred to is detailed (in English) here: http://goo.gl/60SuG1

If you qualify (the main requirement is that you are employed because you bring skills that are difficult to find in the Netherlands) then the first 30% of your salary is paid tax free for ten years. It makes a BIG difference. You want to know from your employer that they are going to apply for the 30% ruling for you.

Edited: 10:30 am, September 02, 2013