We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 8
Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

Well i had a bad experience with this hotel (was tld i couldnt afford to stay here by staff)

since hten i have writen a few email to the hotel regard this situation

well i just ot back that they offered me a room at 199 euro for my trouble,

i was like wow that alomst 100 usd more then what i a can get it for , they said its the best they can do ,, well i did not except ther offer,,

what do you all think about this??

Peace matty

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

While everybody raves about the bar on top, I have to tell you that in my opinion it it one butt-ugly hotel in a not so great location. Would not be a place I would like to stay.

Being near the RLD, CS, and the cruise docks, probably not hurting for business as evidenced by their paltry offer.

Have never stayed there but don't think I would ever make an attempt. Kind of like the Marriott at LaGuardia.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
2. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

Matty, I am a bit confused.

You stayed there and had a bad experience? And because of this bad experience they offered you a room at 199 euros?

New York City, New...
3. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

John , actaully i ddint stay, when i went to book a room, the staf at the fro dek, told me i could not afford a room here and that i should look for a cheaper place liek a hostel or something and laughed, i was so wmbarresed i went straight to the Amrath abd booked, so yes this is what i was offered

i even posted about it here in a review

Edited: 5:26 pm, August 31, 2013
New York City, New...
4. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

sorry typos , just really pissed right now

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
5. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

What a crock. I can see why you are steaming.

New York City, New...
6. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

yeah and then to offer me a room at 199 euro ,with so called vip treatment, what ever that is lol

and you know as well as i do i can get it alot cheaper then that

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 62
7. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

That receptionist should be fired.

P.s. have you tried confronting them via Twitter? Companies tend to reply VERY fast and apologetic in that very public medium.

Edited: 6:15 pm, August 31, 2013
New York City, New...
8. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

i was so mad and embarrassed i didnt even take he names,, with all the people listening to what was happening i mean so rude,,

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 62
9. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

I can imagine. What a sad narrow minded person that must have been who works there.

I have to say though, I thorougly enjoy going to Nespresso in posh PC Hooftstraat on my rickety noisy old bike, in my second hand clothes and flip flops, and buy a whole load of expensive coffee :-) But at least the staff there is always friendly no matter what you look like.

Edited: 6:47 pm, August 31, 2013
Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Double Tree Hilton Amsterdam

The Amrath is a much more appealing looking hotel.