We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 4
Where to stay

Looking to go to Amsterdam same time as Ajax play celtic also make a holiday of it where would people advise us to stay near airport or town want to see sights also take in atmosphere of the huge celtic support that will descend on Amsterdam on match day

18 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
1. Re: Where to stay

The only punctuation oriented hotel I can think of is the Asterisk.

Atlanta
2. Re: Where to stay

Look for a good deal on an apartment outside the center but near the tram.

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Where to stay

<Look for a good deal on an apartment outside the center but near the tram.>

??????????????????

Atlanta
4. Re: Where to stay

whats your question mark key stuck?

Florida
reviews: 46
5. Re: Where to stay

@Scotland Owen: It looks like your match day is Wednesday, November 6. According to booking.com, the hotels in Amsterdam are already at 40% capacity for your dates (the nights of the 5th & 6th), so you better book soon. If it gives you any hope, Lionel Messi was quoted yesterday as saying, "it will be a difficult group," but my guess is that his statement was just false modesty. Cheers!

I think I have the dates right, but just to make sure, here's the schedule.

uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitio…

Winter Haven...
6. Re: Where to stay

<whats your question mark key stuck?>

No.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 6
7. Re: Where to stay

In town not the airport.

Within the canal rings

Winter Haven...
8. Re: Where to stay

Owen -

You definitely want to stay in town within the canal rings just like John advises. There will probably be three main areas where Celtic fans will congregate in the pubs and bars: the Dam Square, the Leiseplein, and the Rembrandtplein.

I would not recommend the Dam Square area as it simply is not my favorite part of town and tends to ripoff tourists. The Rembrandtplein always reminds me very much of the Grassmarket in Edinburgh (if you know it). That said, my personal preference is the Leidseplein area. Both areas have a great vibe and you will NOT be at a loss for something to do as both will go on until late in the night.

Posters familiar with those type places will hopefully come on and give some specific recommendations for sports bars but be forewarned that Dutch pubs are among the best in the world rivaling those in the UK. The Dutch are incredibly friendly people and EVERYONE speaks English.

If you are looking for recommendations as to a specific place to stay, give a budget and the type of place you are looking for and suggestions will be made.

Have fun!

Glasgow, United...
9. Re: Where to stay

Can anyone recommend any hostels around the area you've mentioned, we are on because we go to benidorm 4 weeks before it so preferably cheap but decent nothing too grim, thanx

Doncaster, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Where to stay

Flying pig downtown or stayok both are good hostels.. I prefer flying pig as its more central and has a chilled out vibe but they have an upper age limit of 40 year old to stay there reasonable priced if you stay in a 8 or 10 bed dorm..

Reply to: Where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted