We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Could anyone tell me the best way to get to the aitana hotel IJ dock6 from the airport?

12 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 42
1. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Amazingly, they have this info on their website.

…room-matehotels.com/index.php/en/location

Buffalo Area
reviews: 2
2. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

It looks out of the way to me.

Amsterdam, The...
3. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Out of the way depends on how you look at it. It's a few minutes walk from Central Station, and walking distance to Haarlemmerstraat and its numerous cafes and shops, and then an easy walk on into the canal belt and Jordaan.

It's also close to the ferries that go across the IJ river to EYE film institute (with nice restaurant and good views) and Pllek and Noorderlicht cafes.

It does take about 20 minutes to get to Museumplein. Depends on what you want to be close to.

By the way, Google Maps is running behind, there are now actually buildings where that pin is. :-) Including the new Palace of Justice.

Edited: 12:48 pm, August 24, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
4. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Deborah B, I also recommend you have a stroll on beautiful Prinseneiland which is a stone's throw from your hotel and is somehow overlooked by 99% of tourists. Draw bridges, canals, wooden shutters on old houses, and a yellow submarine. :-)

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 1:05 pm, August 24, 2013
Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 69
5. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Prinseneiland +1

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
6. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Prinseneiland + 2

Ah this is the new hotel they just built in the complex where as Cecile mentioned, is by the new justice building. Looks very nice. Not out of the way at all really. I think it just opened this week. Rooms look pretty funky especially the one with the wall of Delft houses.

Let us know how you get on. By the way easier to come out of the rear of the station by the river. It's not a long way but if you have lots of luggage then you could take either bus 22 or 48 two stops.

I see that they have a special opening offer of €135 per night. Not too bad.

Edited: 6:39 am, August 25, 2013
London, United...
7. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

on the website 'booking.com' it's 100 euros per night and friends of ours got a deal as they are staying 3 nights it's 80 euros per night! Sounds good value - will keep you posted!

London, United...
8. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

thanks Cecilia I will make sure I visit.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 69
9. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Staying at the Aitana it would actually be very easy to miss the heart, the best part of the Westelijke Eilanden (the city's western islands) even though your hotel is in the same district. You have to get behind (to the west of) all the new building along the Westerdok to find one of the city's oldest areas. Take this walk http://goo.gl/NDo6oq and end up at Wijncafé Worst for a good look at the area and for a great lunch.

And, yes, I am recommending that you go to a winebar called "worst". Just trust me. :-)

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
10. Re: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel

Worst +1

Reply to: from amsterdam airport to aitana hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted