We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

Hi there, I will be in Amsterdam for 3 days and would like to visit the concentration camp in Vught. I don't have a car and therefore have to take a train or bus to the Camp. I checked train time table and it is about an hour train ride from Amsterdam to Vught. Could anyone tell me what I should do after getting off the train??? Many thanks. Betsy

6 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 129
1. Re: Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

Hi there,

See

http://www.nmkampvught.nl/?id=219

Use www.9292.nl/en and address Lunettenlaan 600 in Vught. There's a regular 'buurtbus' service.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hong Kong, China
2. Re: Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

Hi Erik Thank you for the info on the Vught Concentration Camp. I did try the www.9292nl/en and try to find out the bus time table from Amsterdam Central to the Camp. But their calendar is only up to mid August and I want to visit on the 1/10/2013. Can you tell me how to do it please??? Many thanks . Betsy

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 129
3. Re: Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

Hi Betsy,

Don't worry, just pick a similar day of the week in August. Timetables don't change that much here over the months.

Haven't been there myself, must do one day as my paternal grandpa was interned there also as hostage for a year or so around 1944. But luckily he survived...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hong Kong, China
4. Re: Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

Thank you Erik for your help. I hope you will also visit the place in the very near future, Betsy

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
5. Re: Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

You may also be interested in the Dutch Resistance Museum in Amsterdam. http://www.verzetsmuseum.org/museum/en/museum

I find it very interesting and well set-up.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Hong Kong, China
6. Re: Visit to Vught Concentration Camp

Thank you Cecile for your info. I may give it a go when I am there. Betsy

Reply to: Visit to Vught Concentration Camp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted