We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Zaandam to Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Transport from Zaandam to Amsterdam

Hello all

I'm trying to find out the cheapest and quickest transport options from Zaandam to Amsterdam.

We are 2 young girls (23-22) visiting Amsterdam in late September for 4 days but on a tight budget. We've hastily booked a hotel in Zaandam (Zaan Inn Hotel) not knowing that it isn't in Amsterdam itself even though it's 15-20 mins away by train. And the booking is non-exchangeable and non-refundable.

We will be purchasing a GVB 72hours Euro16.50 travel pass and would like to know the following:

1. Can we buy this GVB 72hours pass at Schiphol airport? Just to make it clear it's not the Amsterdam CityCard that I'm after but simply the travel pass.

2. Does the GVB travel pass allows travel from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Zaandam? If not then, can anyone reccommend the cheapest and easiest option to Zaandam station. We don't mind bus/coach/train and happy to travel upto 45mins to/from airport. Will be great if you can also mention prices and costs of either mode of transport.

3. Does GVB travel pass allows unlimited travel from Zaandam to Amsterdam at all? We thought it does and the reason we booked Zaan Inn Hotel in Zaandam. If this pass is restricted only within Amsterdam, can anyone reccommend the best and cheapest way to get to Amsterdam and back. We will be leaving the hotel around 11am and returning 10pm roughly. We don't mind if we have to take a bus or train that takes upto 30 mins each way.

4. What are the prices and costs of a return ticket from Zaandam to Amsterdam by bus and coach? And what are the prices of a 72hrs travel pass that allows unlimited travel from Zaandam to Amsterdam (only if they do one, i'm not too sure)

I know some of the questions are already on Tripadvisor but my browser takes forever to load my internet is so slow and I finally gave up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 145
11. Re: Transport from Zaandam to Amsterdam

Yes actually a good addition. If you use www.9292.nl/en and on the extended options uncheck 'train' it gives you bus connectivity between Zaandam centre/station and Amsterdam. A.o. bus 392 and 394 do this and are covered by the 13.50 euro day ticket; BUT they take between 40 and 50 mins and not the 12 mins of the train...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 70
12. Re: Transport from Zaandam to Amsterdam

Wow, Ronaldo is recommending an iamsterdam.com page! :-)

13. Re: Transport from Zaandam to Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 19, 2014