We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Trips

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
devon
Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Advice on Trips

Hi,

We are going to Amsterdam next weekend.

We have already bought tickets for the Heineken and Anne Frank Museum.

We were think about a Red Light District tour?

Is it really worth it? Better to book online or wait until we get there?

Is there anything else recommended?

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
167 reviews
1. Re: Advice on Trips

Definitely a canal boat trip, and just walking/strolling the canals and not being too fixed to an agenda.

For the red light district, the one offered by the prostitute information centre seems to be the best for the insider knowledge, but you can just read up on the area and do your own visit; it is better to visit during the evening rather than the day, and there are several bars dotted through the area too.

Have a good trip.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
99 reviews
2. Re: Advice on Trips

Well, it depends on your taste, your shedule - and on your budget:-)

I don´t know if a RLD tour would be worth it but if I had the time I would do it. From "hearsay" I heard that most people have been pretty content with those tours.

Did you have a closer look to the Top Questions on the right? You will get numerous suggestions.

And don´t miss a canal cruise, it will give you a good overview of the city.

devon
Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Advice on Trips

Yes Canal trip sounds good.

Its a must for us, maybe a dinner cruise?

But will I get a better deal online or when I am there?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
99 reviews
4. Re: Advice on Trips

I never had a dinner cruise and we always booked our normal canal cruises on site. There are many companies, most are similar, but I think the Blue Boat cruise might run a different (longer) line. It´s close to the Leidseplein.

tripadvisor.de/Attraction_Review-g188590-d17…

Edited: 10:48 am, August 17, 2013
liverpool, england
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
167 reviews
5. Re: Advice on Trips

Havent done a dinner cruise in Amsterdam but have done a couple of cheese and wine cruises, and from my personal experience, the one we enjoyed the most, without a shadow of a doubt, was the one offered by reederij P Kooij, which docks on Rokin. It was a very nice evening, with ample (almost too much) wine and the cheese was replenished during the cruise - although we had fun trying to 'sneak' the cheese from the unoccupied tables when we had eaten our, lol.

Of the 'ordinary' cruises blue boat or Reederij Plas which is on Damrak (and a few euros cheaper than the others) have been the best we have experienced.

Have a good trip.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
12,390 posts
6. Re: Advice on Trips

randy roy is quite popular

randyroysredlighttours.com/mainpage.htm

7. Re: Advice on Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:23 am, February 02, 2015
8. Re: Advice on Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 20, 2014