We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bellmore, New York
reviews: 66
Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

Hi,

Is there a link on this forum regarding Priceline hotels in Amsterdam; recent winning bids? tips and suggestions? We'd like to come next Spring (May or June) and since it might be a popular time of year I'm not sure if PL will be the way to go.

Also......recently got great advice on this board about pairing Paris and Amsterdam. Since we did spend two weeks in Paris last Fall any other pairing suggestions for Amsterdam? Prefer not renting a car so a location/city that is easy to get to via train.

Thanks

Karen

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

LOL there's even a top question about it to the right - Can you suggest a cheap hotel? More tips about priceline than you can shake a gnarly stick at.

There's also two very long running threads about bidding for both 4 & 5 star hotels which are linked in that article. Possibly the most comprehensive advice on bidding on any TA forum.

Also doing a search on Priceline will give you about 20 pages of hits.

Bellmore, New York
reviews: 66
2. Re: Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

Hi,

Thanks.....I was not looking for a "cheap" hotel so I did not look there. I was looking for a nicer hotel at a reduced PL price. Thanks for directing me....I'll point that gnarly stick there now that I know where PL info can be found. I have used PL often in the US, especially Puerto Rico so I have some familiarity with it. Hopefully you can help me with more specific questions once I do my homework.

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

if you use priceline , bid on the 4* and above,, you will get a better hotel at the same rate as a 2*-3* hotel ,, you have plenty of time to look around ,, another option is renting an apartment, have a look at www.vrbo.com and amsterdamstay.com

good luck

Peace Matty

www.flickr.com/photos/amsmatty

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
4. Re: Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

2 or 3 star?

Matty I think our math is off.

A typical PL 4 star win is more in the 1 star range maybe 2 star price at most.

My old tinly single room in a 2 star is now 63 euros a night plus the cost of breakfast.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
5. Re: Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

If you don't mind flying, you could easily pair Amsterdam with London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Barcelona, Malaga, Madrid, Lisbon, even Ibiza or Tenerife if you wanted, Berlin, Stockholm or any number of cities. www.skyscanner.com tells you which airline is cheapest and sometimes it is cheaper still to book directly with that airline rather than through Skyscanner.

If you prefer trains, Berlin is 6 hours away, Ghent is lovely but takes two train changes, Antwerp is nice (one change), or Maastricht (2.5 hours) and do daytrips into Germany and Belgium from there.

Other German cities are also within good reach but I haven't been to them. Hamburg is supposed to be really nice.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 10:30 am, August 17, 2013
Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
6. Re: Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

As far as i can remember this is the first post ever on the Amsterdam forum where someone is not advised to use Priceline, but actually is searching for it himself.

7. Re: Two Questions???? Priceline? Amsterdam Plus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 19, 2014