We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam in February?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 6
Amsterdam in February?

As time (and money) are an issue, getting to Amsterdam in the warmer months isn't a real possibility so I was considering visiting in February. Is this a good idea? i.e. Are the likely to be "touristy" locations that are closed for the season? I realize most will likely be on more restricted schedules.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
11. Re: Amsterdam in February?

Cecile, you may not fully grasp the realities of the "Paris of the Prairies."

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
12. Re: Amsterdam in February?

Okay I may not. What is it about?

It's just that a Canadian wrote in that other thread that they prefer -20 C back home as opposed to the Dutch humid cold, they had never been so chilled to the bone.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
13. Re: Amsterdam in February?

I was just making a fun remark about Saskatoon being one of the coldest cities in Canada.

currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/Canada/c…

-14C daily average for three months. That's life-threatening cold, but I take your point about there being a different kind of cold here.

Edited: 7:36 am, August 16, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 132
14. Re: Amsterdam in February?

Trust me its freezing in Amsterdam in Feb, I am from Alberta and we froze to death!! However it's not that we wouldn't go again in Feb but prefer the warmer months 😎

Saskatoon, Canada
15. Re: Amsterdam in February?

Haha, I'll keep that in mind ddavis1950....

Ok since you have been so helpful, next question is, which area is better to stay in? City centre seems to be most popular, according to the travel booking sights, but also the most expensive. Or there is the canal ring or the museum quarter....any suggestions on where to look first? ...am not adverse to walking from A to B

Florida
reviews: 46
16. Re: Amsterdam in February?

My favorite area is the Museumplein, but you should probably check this link first

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c156882/Amste…

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
17. Re: Amsterdam in February?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

Bella, this is the link you need as far as a great 4 star hotel for a one star price.

Well located in the center

Skim the last 20 pages or so of that link

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
18. Re: Amsterdam in February?

My favourite area is Jordaan. But many other streets are fine.

When looking at the city center, beware you don't end up in a hotel in the Red Light District.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

19. Re: Amsterdam in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 20, 2014