We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 3
Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

My flight will arrive in Amsterdam at 11:20 am and international flight will departure in noon next day, so I will stay in Amsterdam about 24 hours.

I would like to buy an Amsterdam Holland Pass 2 (2 free tickets + City Transit). I'm wondering the city transit is valid for 24 hours from the time validate or based on the date to use (day pass only).

Thanks!

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 55
1. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

I'm pretty sure it starts when you first activate it. Here is the explanation from Amsterdaminfo.com

"Amsterdam Holland Pass assures you 24 hours free public transport in Amsterdam, which is a handy way to start your stay in the city, before you are able to purchase the public transport chip card. A special public transport Blue ticket goes with all types of Amsterdam Holland Pass. Before using this feature, you are requested to exchange this ticket for GVB Day Chip Card (value € 7.50) at the GVB (public transport) or GWK Travelex (money services) office."

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
2. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

yes, it is valid for 24 hours from the first time you beep in on a tram

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 43
3. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

Be aware however that this card does not cover your transfer to and from the airport.

liverpool, england
reviews: 166
4. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

Yes, Brianc is correct, you must get into the city first before using the card - but the train only costs 3.90e each way and it only takes 20 mins.

Have a good trip.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 3
5. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

I am going to takr bus 69 from the airport to my hotel (Best Western Blue Square). I will pick up my Amsterdam Holland Pass at the airport. Can I use it the 24 Hrs bus card to take bus 69?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
6. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

Can I use it the 24 Hrs bus card to take bus 69?

yes as this is the only GVB bus which services the airport.

Excelsior, Minnesota
reviews: 14
7. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

I read that Holland Pass 2 has 24-hr public transportation included. I am trying to determine if I can use the "bus" from Schiphol to my hotel as part of my Holland Pass 2. I know that the train from Schiphol to Amsterdam is not included and an extra fee. Do you know? Thanks. Departing soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

as ron said in post right above yours..bus 69 is only GVB bus that runs to schiphol..the transit pass is only good on GVB owned transport..

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
9. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

@ddbar

What is the hotel you're staying in?

10. Re: Amsterdam Holland Pass Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 04, 2014