We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

Hello,

I am planning on flying home out of the Schiphol airport, but will have to stay in a hostel the night before. A quick google maps search recommended that for me to get from Warmoesstraat 129 to the airport, I should walk to Amsterdam Centraal and take the sprinter towards Hoofddorp.

My questions are how much would the ticket be? Is it safe carrying luggage for the 650m from the hostel to the cantraal? And does the sprinter to Hoofddorp have a specific route number to identify it or is this a single rail/bus?

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 130
1. Re: Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

Hi there,

Sprinters are just the local name for a local train. There are many more trains to Schiphol, some other sprinters and some 'intercity' (express train). Ticket is below 4 euro and yes generally it's a safe route to walk. Once at Central there is a display showing all trains and even some displays solely showing trains to Schiphol, easy to find the right platform.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
2. Re: Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

Thank you very much for your help

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
3. Re: Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

The walk is safe but don't fall for scam stories and distraction tricks. You may not encounter any, but there are some seedy types in Warmoesstraat.

You can buy a ticket from a machine or a ticket desk. There is also a small information desk in the hall in case you need help, or if that is closed then go buy your ticket at the ticket desk and ask them which platform and which train you need. The train may or may not have a few stops before Schiphol. The Schiphol stop is underground so that makes it easier to recognize. It takes about 20 minutes.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
4. Re: Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

Does anyone by any chance have a recommendation on any good hostels to stay at that is close by the airport? Also, I am trying to find a train or subway that will take me from the airport to the city and am having trouble finding a timetable/route on google in English.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
5. Re: Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

Read the Top Questions at your right.

"Schiphol - Arriving and departing, Transfers, Layovers and Luggage storage"

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s301/Amsterda…

Usual advise is take the train to Central Station, 20 minutes 4 euro one way.

Use 9292ov.nl/en to plan your journesy inside the country.

Check http://www.hostelworld.com/ for hostels.

Well known hostels in the centre near the Dam and the RLD are Flying Pig downtown, Stayokay downtown, the Winston, Shelter city etc.

Nottingham...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Help with the Amsterdam sprinter

You can buy your train tickets from Schipol Plaza inside the airport and then take the escalater down to the train station. Mostly the trains for Amsterdam Centraal depart from either platform 2 or 3.

Returning from Amsterdam Centraal to Schipol the trains normally depart from platform 12, 13 or 14.

Hope that helps.

Reply to: Help with the Amsterdam sprinter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted