We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

I currenty live in London and will be going to Amsterdam in a few days. Is it legal to bring back pastries, such as hash brownies and space cakes? Or are they considered as illegal substances, rather than pastries?

55 replies to this topic
Auckland Region...
reviews: 70
11. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

It is sometimes advisable not to even take the smell of cannabis on your clothes back to your own country! Especially if you are stopping off in asia or other countries that dogs may pick up and subject you to questioning! Not all countries are as tolerant as others!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 37
12. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

God must love crazy people. Otherwise, why would he make so many of them.

Essen, Germany
reviews: 79
13. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

They even controlled a bus full with mostly older tourists from Germany (behind the border to Germany), picked out some of the younger ones and it was a long procedure till they could get in again...Not sure if they had got any penalty, they didn´t told us about, of course.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
14. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

Heymikey I am sure that you are an intelligent person but really you must have been having a blond moment when you thought of this question.

Having commuted to and from the UK for years I can assure you that UK customs target flights and other transportation from Amsterdam. I went through a spell of intensive searches (three out of ten flights I was stopped) where they went all through my bag, swabbed, questioned. I don't even use hash!! Stopped short of a internal thanks be but no you can't legally take any kind of cannabis products across UK borders.

As you can see from the other responses people think it incredulous that you would even think it was.

Come to Amsterdam and have a good time.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 43
15. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

Ah yes, I was also thoroughly searched once, very embarrassing with a whole line of curious people behind me. Had to take a photo with camera to prove it was real, they took everything out of my bag in plain sight, they even emptied out the tiny box of fresh breath minties I had.

And I only used cannabis twice in my entire life (and at that point had never used it).

Well at least you were smart enough to find out before going, instead of trying it out. Or worse, trying it out in a country like Thailand. How many Europeans would there be in the overcrowded filthy Thai prisons?

Chattanooga...
reviews: 2
16. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

just grab a brownie/cookie for the ride to the airport, consume before you go in, and have a great flight home!

Chattanooga...
reviews: 2
17. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

just grab a brownie/cookie for the ride to the airport, consume before you go in, and have a great flight home!

Malaga, Spain
reviews: 20
18. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

No it's not legal but it is legal to bring back cannabis seeds! Check that the law hasn't changed but I doubt if it has.

Essen, Germany
reviews: 79
19. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

Oh yes, I remember the movie: "Saving Grace", perhaps he will be successful like this lady:-))

Minneapolis...
reviews: 37
20. Re: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?

Ever heard of "Midnight Express"? Billy Hayes, American student, caught with 2Kg. hash in Istanbul airport. Put in Turkish prison, and escaped five brutal years later. Just watching this flick put me off of this kind of thing for the rest of my life. Travelers should watch this dark movie and act accordingly.

Edited: 12:00 pm, August 18, 2013
Reply to: Is it OK to bring home hash brownies and space cakes?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted