We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 2
Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

My husband and I have a 6 hour stopover in Amsterdam ..is it possible to see some of

the City Centre of Amsterdam in that time frame? I was thinking to hire a "private car for hire"? to take us around for a few hours or is it possible to take public transport from the airport into the City Centre and still have enough time to have a look around? Also, if we DO take public transport what is the best stop to get off at? Sorry, for so many questions but we want to utilize our time there to the best that we can...Thank you!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
1. Re: Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188553-c79954/The-Ne…

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
2. Re: Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

What I would do is go by train to Amsterdam Central and take a canal cruise from very near the station, one hour. You will easily see the boats. Afterwards there might be some time left for a short walk.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
3. Re: Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

Dutchguy, you are simply repeating what is already in the link.

4. Re: Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:56 am, August 07, 2013
Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

Don't know if that is called for.

6. Re: Six hour stopover in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 08, 2014