We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
High Falls, New York
best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

One couple and one solo female staying over for two nights in Amsterdam on way to Tanzania.We would like easy public trans to and from airport. plan to visit museums, art galleries. would like a quiet place for jet lag repair. can afford most rates, but would prefer moderate. good sleep is probably the priority. good sleep, best access to airport and art.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
1. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

i would stay in the Vondelpark/Museumplain area. Then you could take the 197 bus directly to Schiphol, more info in the Top Questions. Its best to give an actual budget as modest is different from person to person. Also list any amenities that you require along with approximate time of travel. If there is a large event in the city you will garner a different response.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
2. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

Do you want the best hotel in Amsterdam as your title indicates or do you want a moderate priced hotel?

Moderate hotels fall in the 2 and 3 star range.

Best is normally found at the 5 star level.

4 stairs are a good compromise if compromise is what you are after

The price difference between best and moderate is quite large.

Two rooms?

Good sleep, 5 star quality, can use the express bus to and from airport, great location, great friendly service

The Marriott

Two double rooms or a larger suite

Only you can decide of the rates are moderate in your opinion?

Edited: 12:15 pm, August 02, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
3. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

That should actually read 4 stars not 4 stairs above

If you get stairs there will not be 4. If you get a hotel sans lift there will be plenty of stairs.

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
4. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

I think the Park Hotel (rooms away from the busy street) would be best. I loved it.

But if you can afford it I would splash out on the Amstel Intercontinental, THE most iconic top hotel in Holland.

Edited: 12:41 pm, August 02, 2013
High Falls, New York
5. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

thank you for the responses and especially the tips for getting/giving better info. 3+ to 4 stars. ( any number of stairs okay! ) was thinking central station area because of train to airport, but it sounds as if 197 bus is as good from park area and others. and was also thinking about marriott just for familiarity and ease while in a "zonked lagged" mode. but then wanted something less familiar and more amsterdam. last time in was 1978! we will have two rooms but wanted to state there was a solo female if it would help hotel site. thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
6. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

I think since the early decades of the previous century, solo female travelers have been welcomed in inns and other lodging establishments without raising eyebrows of impropriety.... just joking with ya... :)....

Edited: 2:01 pm, August 02, 2013
High Falls, New York
7. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

lennybruce, (i enjoyed writing that name) yes. right. and some more than welcomed....just kidding. but point made and taken.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

If good sleep is the priority then the Marriott by all means. Very modern rooms.

And there is the rub. It's not an old building with lots of Amsterdam charm and history.

About 15 mins away is the NH Schiller. A old charming historic building.

The rooms are not as good as the Marriotts and the noise from the outside can be sleep depriving.

Modern has its advantages

Now you said that budget was not a concern?

Good for you.

Otherwise I would bore you to tears explaining how you could get two center city 4 star Amsterdam double rooms for less than $200 total for both rooms inc tax and fee.

High Falls, New York
9. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

you may bore me to tears - i have kleenex! thank you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
10. Re: best hotel for 2 night in amsterdam on way to Tanzania

tripadvisor.com/…51738153

Here is what I would do. In fact here is what many of our members would do.

Skim the last 20 pages of ths 213 page thread.

All of this as far as price is dependent on your dates.

But recently we saw members score 4 star double rooms in the center in nice hotels for $55, $59, $65

Two rooms for a total of $200 or less inc tax and fee should be very doable.

Depending on your dates of course

Ask if you have questions