We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amsterdam in 2days

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leuven, Belgium
amsterdam in 2days

we are reaching Amsterdam on 10th Aug in the morning and leaving on 12th Aug by noon. please suggest some itinerary where we can visit the maximum in such a short span.

10 replies to this topic
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: amsterdam in 2days

Mon 10th - The museum of Bags and purses

Tue 11th - Paradise Swingers Club

Wed 12th - Artemis Zoo

How on earth are we supposed to suggest anything meaningful if you give us no idea of your age, interests, likes & dislikes?

Perhaps it is better you start with the Top Question to the right of this forum 'What can I see and do in Amsterdam?' or the travel guide which you'll find under the 'Amsterdam' tab at the top of this page. Once you have read those, if you have any more specific questions, by all means come back to us.

Leuven, Belgium
2. Re: amsterdam in 2days

our itinerary plan is to visit the Jordaan, Rembrandtplein, Anne Frank 's house, Leiden Square and do the Amsterdam canal cruise in these two days. Please suggest whether we can add some more attractions to make this a perfect short trip.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
3. Re: amsterdam in 2days

The best advice I can give to you, or anyone, on such a short trip is this:

- Take the canal cruise earlier rather than later in your stay. From it you'll get ideas of places to visit/see.

- Relax! Amsterdam is a city best enjoyed at leisure. Take time to just sit on a terrace and people watch or just wander aimlessly through the streets.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 50
4. Re: amsterdam in 2days

Itinerary for Amsterdam in 48 hours. iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…48-hours

But don't miss this page either, especially the part about 'Chilling at the....' iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…Summer-in-the-City

Have fun!

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 5:22 am, July 31, 2013
The Hague, The...
reviews: 94
5. Re: amsterdam in 2days

If you like Flamenco dances, on 11 august there's a performance by Maria Juncal in the famous and very beautiful Concertgebouw. Gives you also a chance to see this world-famous temple of (mostly classical) music.

concertgebouw.nl/concertagenda/…

I would get a ticket on the podium (20 euro), otherwise you'd be sitting far away.

Edited: 7:06 am, August 01, 2013
Mississauga, ON
reviews: 62
6. Re: amsterdam in 2days

Is there really a museum of bags & purses?

I've been lurking on this forum reading posts as we have a few days in Amsterdam next June.

That museum would be close to heaven for me! Throw in shoes and I will swoon! LOL.

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: amsterdam in 2days

Travelbugmississauga, yes there is, right in the centre. It used to be someone's hobby in their home in Amsterveen but they became so popular that it's now a full-on museum in an amazing building in central Amsterdam, and I have to say it sounds silly but it really is interesting and fun. For example also tells you the history of ball books and such. http://www.tassenmuseum.nl/en/home

If you're into shoes you may enjoy this website of an Amsterdam shoe designer (a very cool lady): http://www.hestervlamings.com/

Enjoy!

Cecilia

Amsterdam

Edited: 8:42 am, August 02, 2013
Mississauga, ON
reviews: 62
8. Re: amsterdam in 2days

Thanks Cecilia. My shoe "hobby" currently surpases my purse "hobby" currently. I think a stop at the musem will be on my to-do list.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
9. Re: amsterdam in 2days

there is even "hand bag street" which resides the famous "oceans 12" Dampkring coffee shop!!

Amsterdam, The...
10. Re: amsterdam in 2days

Steveftw I think you mean Handboogstraat which means longbowstreet (handbowstreet).

Cecilia

Amsterdam

Reply to: amsterdam in 2days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted