We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

if you fly to amsterdam how would you then get to Assen

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 14
1. Re: would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

I'm pretty sure trains run up there. Two hours and fourteen minutes direct from Schipol to Assen

www.ns.nl

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
2. Re: would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

By train (of course). Amsterdam is not nearest of course. Groningen will be closer or Eelde, but good deals are best found to Amsterdam.

You can see train schedules from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Assen on www.oebb.at (english page) which is a great website for all trains in Europe.

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
3. Re: would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

Hi there.

There are several direct trains to Assen from Amsterdam Schiphol airport, every 21 minutes past the whole hour, so 10.21, 11.21, 12.21 etc. It takes 2hrs 15 mins and look out to be seated in the right part of the train, as halfway in Amersfoort, they split up the train and will announce the numbers corresponding above the cabin doors that will be in 1 part to Groningen and the numbers that will do Leeuwarden. You need to be seated in the ones that do Groningen.

One way Schiphol Assen is EUR 25,10 and day return is EUR 37.20

If going to TT, there are shuttlebusses to the track, but they will be crowded......so take enough time for your transportation.

See you there....!

Regards

Marcel

Ireland
4. Re: would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

Thank you very much for your information has helped me on the right track. Can tell me when you say amsterdam schiphol is this the name of the airport, excuse me for my lack of geograpy, is there many hotel in assen.

Hoofddorp, The...
reviews: 6
5. Re: would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

Hi there.

Amsterdam airport's official name is indeed Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.

Assen has a few hotels, but depending on when you want to go there, if you go for the TT this weekend, forget about getting a hotel there, they will probably all have a full house this weekend. You might succeed in the environment, but I doubt you will find a decent hotel with availability within 30 kms...

Van der Valk Assen, which is in the south western part of Assen.

www.vandervalkassen.nl/pages/Default.aspx…

Furthermore Hotel de Jonge http://www.hoteldejonge.nl/

There are loads of small hotels in the neighbourhood, a few of them can be found here: www.ertussenuit.com/provincies/HO5-1.htm

You will however need additional transportation such as bus or sometimes even a bike for the more remote ones......

Regards

Marcel

6. Re: would you fly to amsterdam if you are going to assen,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 15, 2009