We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Mateo...
reviews: 7
Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

Hello All experts! What is the easiest way from Amsterdam airport to Brussels? What is some less expensive options? and for Brussels to Amsterdam? I am planning to travel in October, but the Thalys website block out my desire date because of construction. Is there any other train that I can book in advance online? And I have a big luggage with me, is it ok to travel by train? Thank in advance!!

7 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

You can take the InterCity train from Schiphol to Rotterdam, then transfer to the IC to Brussels. For the return its just the opposite. Unfortunately the IC trains cannot be booked in advance but rarely sell. Just purchase on the day of departure from the yellow NS machine or from the counter for a 50 cent surcharge. Luggage should not be a problem as long as you can get it on board, you won't be the only on the train with luggage. You may have difficulty in finding somewhere to store your bag if you can't get it into the overhead rack or between the seats and the bulkhead. Another option would be bus that leaves from Amsterdam Amstel Station. http://www.eurolines.nl or http://www.megabus.com

San Mateo...
2. Re: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

Thank you Balou1999 for your reply!! Do you know how much is to take IC trains? and do you know how long does it takes is I take bus instead? Thank you!!

Florida
reviews: 46
3. Re: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

If you buy your tickets now for the bus on Eurolines in October, it's only 11Euro RT--that's a promotional fare for buying it ahead of time. You can get all of that information in detail by clicking on the site that Balou gave you. I'm not sure that it leaves from the Airport, though.

Travel time by bus is 3-4 hours, according to their website

Edited: 6:27 pm, July 23, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
4. Re: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

As stated have a look at the links I provided for bus schedule information. It doesn't leave from the Airport which I mentioned in post #1. For train schedule and fare info see http://www.ns.nl/en

San Mateo...
5. Re: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

sorry I have change my plan. Now I will be traveling to Brussels from Amsterdam central station. I am staying in that IBIS next to the station and staying in MaxHotel in Brussels. If I take the IC trains, how long does it takes to arrive Brussels? and what station in Brussels should I get off? Thanks!!

Florida
reviews: 46
6. Re: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

In most cases, it takes about three hours and you have to make one transfer in Rotterdam. I think you want Gare de Midi station, if that's where your hotel is (there is an Ibis next to that station).

b-europe.com/Travel/…stepTravelWish

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 1
7. Re: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam

Max Hotel is ten minutes walk from trainstaton Brussel North (Bruxelles Nord)

Reply to: Amsterdam to Brussels and Brussels to Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted