We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canalboat with cats.....?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 9
Canalboat with cats.....?

Maybe a cheesy question but I believe I once heard of a canal Boat in Amsterdam where homeless cats got fed and cared for by volunteers. Is there any truth in this?

Maria

Cecilia thanks a lot for all the Amsterdamtips. Really looking forward visiting next week!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

http://www.poezenboot.nl/

I think you mean this

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 60
2. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

You're welcome, hope you'll enjoy our beautiful city! And that the weather will treat you well... Sigh, we seem to be stuck in some kind of misplaced autumn.

A friend of mine got her cat from the Poezenboot.

You may also be interested in this cat museum, I haven't been there yet myself. http://www.kattenkabinet.nl

3. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

Dont say so...... Here on the westcoast of Sweden we´ve had a lovely may and june and I´m tanned like a gingerbread.... Well, that means that we can take some questionnable weather.... But not too questionnable since we´re camping in tent.....

Amsterdam, The...
4. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

Ah, are you going to stay at Camping Zeeburg?

Edited: 7:31 am, June 18, 2013
5. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

ThankYou!!!! A little cloudy here at my place at the moment so we left the beach to my dogs discontent an am now browsing the Netherlands and Amsterdam. Going through Yr LOCAL Llist as I write...

No, have primarly booked three nights in Friesland, then we' ll leave for Amsterdam, Haarlem and Arnhem at the least... Camping Zeeburg to be recommended...?

Maria by the table

Amsterdam, The...
6. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

Nice, Friesland!

I have never stayed at Camping Zeeburg (Amsterdammers are not allowed :-( ) but the reviews seem good: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188590-d239470…

Lots of nice places in eastern Amsterdam too, close to the campsite. See from post 13 and onwards in this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k65582…

Edited: 8:33 am, June 18, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
7. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

Hey you're welcome!! A little rude but welcome anyway. I'll let you girlies chat away.

Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

Yeah I hate when that happens too Ronaldo, when they thank one specific person only... But let's assume it's probably because Maria is now at a campsite in Sweden en she wasn't reading carefully enough. Thanks for the Poezenboot link because I'd forgotten all about its existence and only the name 'Kattenkabinet' entered my mind.

9. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

Oh sorry, I had no intention of being rude but I see now that I havent been paying attention enough to who was responding... Very sorry. I´m so utterly greatful for all the help and suggestions everyone can get at this Forum. Thank You so much for the Poezenbootlink, it will be one of the highlights on our trip! We are really counting the days now... Thanks again and have a nice summer!

Maria

reviews: 7
10. Re: Canalboat with cats.....?

Thanks to Cecile74 and RonaldoC. We made it to Your lovely country and spent a week in Friesland, Flevoland, West Friesland, Haarlem, Amsterdam and Arnhem/Oosterbek. We loved everything except for Lelystad, that we couldnt get in touch with a cousin in Almere and the gasprices... We went to both Kattenkabinet and the Poezenboot... We stayed at the camping of Gaasperpark with excellent transportation by metro to the city. Sadly we missed the Flea at Waterlooplein. I understand that that Flea takes place at Nieuwmarkt on sundays so we got a quick look at how interesting it was when passing it on sunday, but we didnt make it to Waterlooplein in time on monday. Too bad...

Fantastic and cute city, will return with my sister some day. Also fancied Haarlem, Arnhem - and little Makkum!

And - how lovely to see all the cattle and sheep everywhere. I now find my own swedish countryside a little sad and empty, though beautiful.

So - thanks again for Your help, it really made a difference and a great aid when the time is pressed!

Thank You

Maria DairyNose