We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northwest/KLM

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northwest/KLM

I've booked a flight with Northwest Airlines, which is partners with KLM airlines and today I was looking at reviews of each and now I'm a bit nervous about my travels as I didn't hear too many good things about either. Does anyone have any comments on the airline companies I'm flying with?

Chicago
reviews: 3
1. Re: Northwest/KLM

The wife and I traveled on KLM last March to Amsterdam and the flight was very good. The seats seem to be larger and there is more leg room than domestic flights. They feed us twice, passed out free drinks and passed around hot towels to clean up twice. We are flying there again tomorrow and KLM was the chosen airline.

2. Re: Northwest/KLM

caddman11 Thanks for your response. I was wondering though, did you fly business or 1st class or were you in economy class?

Hanover, Germany
3. Re: Northwest/KLM

Have a look at

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm

Chicago
reviews: 3
4. Re: Northwest/KLM

We were in the cheap seats, never spent more than $400 RT from Chicago. In fact the flight tomorrow is $356 RT + taxes.

5. Re: Northwest/KLM

caddman11 thanks so much. I will just think of your good experiences and forget about the rest!! I hope you have a good trip! :)

6. Re: Northwest/KLM

caddman11 thank you so much! I will think about your good experiences and forget about the rest! I hope you have a great trip and let me know how it goes....

Oh also, I've heard the seats on the sides of the plane have very little leg room because of a video box? Is this true? I can't decide where the best place to sit would be.

7. Re: Northwest/KLM

sorry about the double post :)

New York
reviews: 62
8. Re: Northwest/KLM

V1base: cadman's info is accurate. KLM is our airline of choice to Europe: we've flown it many times, have never had any complaints, and would book it again in a heartbeat. There leg room is not quite enough for me, I'm 6'8", but the cabin staff has let me sit in the jumpseats in order to get additional room.

phoenix
reviews: 20
9. Re: Northwest/KLM

I'm not sure what reviews you've seen, but I can speak to personal experience. (I'm not an NWA fan to say the least.) My humble opinion is that their customer service, cleanliness and timeliness isn't as good as other airlines. (Those things are important to me!) I've flown with KLM quite a bit as well and found flights that are operated by KLM to be quite a bit better. See if you can get a flight through NWA that's operated by KLM.

netherlands
reviews: 19
10. Re: Northwest/KLM

I always fly KLM and am very happy with their service. I once made the misstake booking a code share with NWA operated by NWA, next time I'll be more carefull. The NWA service is more like a bus-service while KLM is still offering "airline"service.