We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand credit card on Thalys

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 101
Thailand credit card on Thalys

We are touring Europe in the Summer and have successfully booked train travel in the UK and Italy using our Thai credit cards.

We want to travel from we are booked on the Eurostar from the UK and wish to travel from Brussels to Amsterdam and then back to Paris on Thalys, but it seems whilst other rail company's have accepted our cards, Thalys will not accept our Visa or Amex cards issued in Thailand.

Are there any alternative methods to get the cheaper fares as they become available.

Oh and Thalys, the old credit card fraud chestnut doesn't work.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: Thailand credit card on Thalys

If you call them they can normally sort it out for you. Have you tried other websites like Nshispeed or the Belgian rail sites or tgv-europe.com ?

Bangkok, Thailand
2. Re: Thailand credit card on Thalys

Thanks very much, I have found that I can book all my trips on the Eurostar website and raileurope.com, albeit at a higher price.

I might do as you sugest and call them and see if they can do the weekend €59 fares from Amsterdam to Paris in Comfort 1.

Thanks again.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
3. Re: Thailand credit card on Thalys

Did you give the sites suggested a try? Rail Europe will definitely be more expensive so I would try the other sites or call.

Bangkok, Thailand
4. Re: Thailand credit card on Thalys

Thanks guys, the Nshispeed seems to do it for for me.

Cannot book yet as we are not doing that leg of the trip until the end of September.

When do the tickets actually go on sale, is it 90 days? We need to as soon as possible for the Schengen Visa documentation, and of course to get the cheapest price possible.

Thanks again

Amsterdam
5. Re: Thailand credit card on Thalys

Yes, 90 days.

6. Re: Thailand credit card on Thalys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 22, 2014