We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 16
Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

Hello everyone - thank you for all the feedback on an apartment I asked about earlier! I found another one and wondered which is in a better location - in terms of convenience to attractions, nice neighborhood feel, etc., and for the experts, if given these two, where would you stay?

Thank you!

http://www.vrbo.com/862575ha?from-date=2013-07-04&to-date=2013-07-08&sort+by=Sleeps%2fAscending

http://www.vrbo.com/846077ha?from-date=2013-07-04&to-date=2013-07-08&sort+by=Sleeps%2fAscending

9 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
1. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

The Jordaan without a doubt. The other one is going to be much less relaxing.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 69
2. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

This evening I'm not bored at all (just had a fantastic meal in Antwerp), but I was easily able to find your new option. It is here http://goo.gl/2vRnq at Weteringschans 37. Much less characterful. Use Google streetview and look around. You will soon see that it is on a not-very-pretty street with trams trundling by.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
3. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

LOL I used to stay on that street and it is not that bad although it is the main street towards the Leidseplein so can be busy. It look the nicer of the two inside. I woud not discount it outright

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
4. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

It is also approximately (!) 280m from the door of the Rijksmuseum. http://goo.gl/maps/LLy0W

Might be handy.

:-)

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 3
5. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

I do find sitting around the corner on the terras at de Saloon quite pleasant.

Winter Haven...
6. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

You have picked two entirely different flats to consider:

- One is in the cozy neighborhood of the Jordaan with its narrow (comparatively) streets, charming shops, brown pubs, and great restaurants. All squares are ticked off in the flat for what you might need.

- The second is on a wide boulevard, is more elegant and is much larger. It has all the squares ticked as well and might provide more immediate help if you need it as it is actually a B & B.. It is more convenient to the Leidseplein and the Museumplein.

I am thinking there will be a much bigger price differential than you think when you get the final quotes for the period of time you are staying.

London, United...
7. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

Hi,

I have just rented from Hev a flat in Jordaan and I have to say it was just perfect. Flat was very nice and new, nice big windows looking on a very nice street with bar, pubs, shops. Jumbo supermarket was also very close. It was nice to stay in an area where the majority off the people were locals and not tourists

And you are far away from the mess of the Red Light Districts and from all the kids that come in Amsterdam to smoke pot.

Still, I was able to

The service was perfect, one of his friends came to pick us up near the central station and brought us to the flat. The checkout was supposed to be at 11 but we agreed for 12 without problems. Just...GREAT!

I will get in touch with him for sure whenever I'll go back there and I will surely suggest my friends the same.

Thanks

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
8. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

"It was nice to stay in an area where the majority off the people were locals and not tourists"

The eternal visitors' dilemma: we want to see it with the locals, but by seeing it we fill it with tourists. I have the same impact everywhere I travel, but the longer I live here the more I recognise how the Jordaan is being transformed by tourism. IMO the city authorities have not yet got the balance right between the competing demands for resident and visitor accommodation.

Mr Other

mrothers.blogspot.nl/2013/10/01-NEW-POST.html

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
9. Re: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?

all those kids smoking the POT lmao rolflmao,, too funny

Reply to: Which apt is in better location, anyone rented from "Hev"?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted