We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 11
Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

Hii!!

Please help me to choose a good travel guide book for Amsterdam.

My personal choice includes travel books which contains detailed story line on local areas including good cafes and pubs.

Cheers!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
1. Re: Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k10861…

Here is an older thread that covers the same ground.

I would suggest a google of-------Amsterdam Guide Books

You will see lots of discussions about a lot of different books. You can see which one sounds more like what you want.

My fav is the Get Lost The Cool Guide to Amsterdam. But that is not one I would suggest for you.

This question gets asked a lot. A search in that box above will bring up pages worth of TA threads on this topic.

Of course to the right of this Amsterdam page there are the Top Questions

There is a lot of good advice to be found there..

Edited: 11:21 am, March 31, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
2. Re: Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

i dont know if it is the best...as i havent reviewed every guide book about amsterdam..but of the few that my local barnes and noble had i liked and bought the "eyewitness guide to amsterdam"

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

MrJohn -

As usual, thanks for the tip (Cool Guide).

Amsterdam
reviews: 67
4. Re: Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

I'm also a fan of the Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Guides.

I use them everywhere and we have a copy at home for guests coming to stay in Amsterdam.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 1
5. Re: Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

I pretty much have all of them. The DK is certainly the most beautiful with lovely graphics, but is also the heaviest. I am going to take along the "Pocket Lonely Planet" and "Time Out Shortlist Amsterdam". They are well presented and information dense. And not too heavy. The rest I am studying, but will leave at home.

Chicago
reviews: 13
6. Re: Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

DK Top Ten Amsterdam. Small, comprehensive, good for short stay visit.

7. Re: Best Travel Book on Amsterdam!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 04, 2014