We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage in Airport

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kuala lumpur
reviews: 54
Luggage in Airport

I understand that there are two types of luggage storage in the airport. The lockers and the depot where you leave your bags and pick it up later.

We will be leaving 3 bags and wonder which storage is safer.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Luggage in Airport

They are equally safe. The question is how long do you need to leave your bags? If for longer than a week, the depot is your only option. Or if you have large bags the depot is also cheaper. But the lockers on the arrivals level are more convenient.

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
2. Re: Luggage in Airport

Equally safer. If money is a concern, you can evaluate if your 3 pieces of luggage will fit in one large size locker or not. If they fit in one, it will be a cheaper option than leaving them at the depot, where you pay for each piece you leave there, no matter their size.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 97
3. Re: Luggage in Airport

How much the depot charge. Locker rates are on the airports website but can't seem to find the depots rates.

Glasgow, United...
4. Re: Luggage in Airport

Are there lockers in the city too ?

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
5. Re: Luggage in Airport

Depot rate: € 6 per piece for the first 24 hours, € 4.50 per day per piece for Days 2 to 5, and € 4 per piece for every subsequent day.

There are similar lockers (and luggage depot too) at Amsterdam's Centraal Station as well. You must use CC to pay, no cash.

kuala lumpur
6. Re: Luggage in Airport

I am only leaving it for 3 days. Since they are 3 rather large luggage (about 28 inches), I wonder how big is the locker. I doubt if three bags can fit in there....so I might need at least 2 lockers. Do you have the rates to the lockers?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
7. Re: Luggage in Airport

All the info needed on the airports website. schiphol.nl/Travellers/…LuggageLockers.htm

kuala lumpur
8. Re: Luggage in Airport

Thanks...I think I will have to leave it at the depot. But I am confused over the rates. In the website, it states that per day is Euro 7 for the first 7 days. But in TA (see posting on top) it said that first day is 6 Euro followed by euro 4.50 after that. So which is correct?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 126
9. Re: Luggage in Airport

The prices on the site seem correct, the ones in the TA message are most likely a bit outdated. That's how it goes, prices going up every 2-3 years is common and them going down almost unheard of ;-)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
10. Re: Luggage in Airport

The rates on the link I provided are correct.