We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2013

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
reviews: 2
New Years Eve 2013

Hi,

I am planning on meeting a friend for New Year's Eve 2013/2014 in Amsterdam. I know this is early to be planning but I need to book long haul flights in the next month or so.

I am looking for a back up plan in case I end up there on my own. I've read that the centre of the city can be jam packed and this doesn't really appeal, but I do like the idea of seeing all the fireworks.

Any suggestions?

I'd consider going to a different city in The Netherlands.

35 replies to this topic
San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 1
31. Re: New Years Eve 2013

thanks!

Kilmarnock, United...
reviews: 58
32. Re: New Years Eve 2013

Planning on visiting Amsterdam on the days before new year.

Will the museums etc still be open and will it be easy enough to get around?

Also what will nights be like the days before NYE? We like clubs with house music or bars that play current chart music.

How much spending money would you say to bring for a 2-3 night trip? Thanks in advance!

London, United...
reviews: 2
33. Re: New Years Eve 2013

what place / club would you recommend to go to after midnight? something central for 24- 28 years old :) thanks

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
34. Re: New Years Eve 2013

@ #32 and 33: read the previous answers and the Top Questions.

35. Re: New Years Eve 2013

Not really sure what you are asking ?

But the centre of amsterdam will be jam packed! And absolutely crazy, i went last year and the place is crazy, fireworks going off in every direction,(including into crowds of people) people drinking and basically just going crazy, if your up for a laugh and like to party then do not go anywhere else apart from amsterdam, also if you want a good nights sleep dont stay in the centre, the outskirts will still be noisy but in the centre firecrackers are constantly going off at every hour a few days before and after nye :)

Reply to: New Years Eve 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted