We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking to Zaanse Schans, and then to Marken?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Biking to Zaanse Schans, and then to Marken?

This summer my family and I will be renting bikes at our hotel near Sloterdijk station, and plan on biking to Zaanse Schans. I figured that's only about an hour trip on bikes, so I'm trying to add on to our biking day. I'm thinking of biking from Zaanse Schans on to Marken--which according to Google Maps is another hour and 1/2 biking, then back to the hotel, which is another hour and a 1/2. Does that sound accurate? Does that sound like a crazy plan--too much biking in one day? We are all in pretty good shape. If we didn't go on to Marken, is there someplace closer that we could bike beyond Zaanse Schans? Thanks for your help.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
21. Re: Biking to Zaanse Schans, and then to Marken?

yes, GVB passes dont work out there. like one poster said..train 4 times an hour from sloterdijk to zaandijk..you can walk to ZS from there.

22. Re: Biking to Zaanse Schans, and then to Marken?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 20, 2014