We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterlooplein Church bells?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
reviews: 52
Waterlooplein Church bells?

Im torn between 2 apartments one looking over waterlooplein next door but one to the church on waterlooplein and a basement one on a canal at Kloveniersburgwal 55. Am starting to look at petty things to enable me to make my decision and was just wondering how often do the bells chime at the church on waterlooplein just to see if this is going to be a noise problem?

Thanks

Janine

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 43
1. Re: Waterlooplein Church bells?

There are bells all over central Amsterdam. Location will not make any difference.

You would be much better to concern yourself with noise from trams and party goers. Neither location should be an issue but of the two I think Kloveniersburgwal would be the better.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
2. Re: Waterlooplein Church bells?

I think they only ring the bells on Sundays. Bongoblog lives near there so might know better. Kloveniersburgwal is also busy but a good location. Great fish shop at the Nieumarkt end if you like seafood.

manchester
reviews: 52
3. Re: Waterlooplein Church bells?

Many thanks ive booked the one on Kloveniersburgwal. Weve been to Amsterdam before but stayed on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal and Leidsekade which are different parts of the cityso itll be nice to stay more central.

Thanks for your help

4. Re: Waterlooplein Church bells?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014