We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The top rated coffeeshops

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 6
The top rated coffeeshops

I'm hearing great things about Grey Area and Amnesia in relation to the quality of their product.

But, having said that, i am yet to experience these places myself . However, i will be this weekend and will post my experience.

Has anyone else got any useful information and advice in relation to the best coffee shops for quality product, atmosphere, venue etc.

Cheers - Happy smoking!

63 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
41. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Just a FYI

I am not one of those that thinks that one disease after another can be cured with daily grass toking.

But who knows in time how this will look?

huffingtonpost.com/the-/can-marijuana-stop-t…

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
reviews: 60
42. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Grey Area across from Pancini chocolates.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 11
43. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Mr JohnMd

Anything that would help slow the spread of HIV is a good thing.

We have politicians in England obsessed with this war on drugs that will never work.

At least the Americans have got the common sense to realise that.

Your president even said it's no worse than alcohol and just a nasty habit.

Any plans on trip to Colorado John :-)))

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
44. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Colorado? Not soon.

My needs are now being met by a man with some serious talent in the growing area.

I am hoping he does not move to Colorado.

This grass as a curative agent for disease ?

. I am curious to see if this has legs and grows or not. People claim a link with the treatment of cancer. Not the nausea the cancer itself.

Time will tell.

It would be funny though if the day came and we were advising people not to waste their time on canal rides or museums in Amsterdam because they had to spend their time taking -------" the cure".

Could never happen?

I'd have bet $1000 twenty five years ago there would never be bars in developed countries where you could light up and toke but you could not smoke a Lucky because of city law.

Id have lost that $1000.

Edited: 5:24 pm, February 14, 2014
Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
45. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

John -

I never would have believed we would have the issue on the ballot this November in Florida for the medical marijuana issue.

In preparation, I have my doctor;s number on speed dial.

Southampton, United...
46. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Hi I'm going to Amsterdam at the end of march 2014 just seen that there is a supposed ban for tourists smoking cannabis is this true also could someone please state the actual laws for buying,making and smoking cannabis thanks

Southampton, United...
47. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Hi I'm going to Amsterdam at the end of march 2014 just seen that there is a supposed ban for tourists smoking cannabis is this true also could someone please state the actual laws for buying,making and smoking cannabis thanks j

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
48. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

It's fine you can as long as you are over 18 go into any Amsterdam coffeeshop and buy up to 5 grams at a time.

England, United...
reviews: 42
49. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

I went to a few whilst i was there. Main one that stuck out to my was the Coffeshop Highway on Lange Niezel. Directly opposite a dominos too. There was also a coffeeshop on the red lght distract, with a bar on top of it, that i visited a few times. Can't actually remember the name though.

I would avoid a place called 'Little Coffeshop' on Vijzelgracht, right next to Fokke Simonszstraat. Awful customer service in there. Rude and extremely obnoxious.

Rummour has it that Mellow Yellow on Vijzelgracht is meant to be good and cheap. Went there for a space cake but they had none left.

There are coffeeshops all over Amsterdam. Jolly Joker is supposed to be a good one, and theres a bar directly opposite it that sells pints of Amstel for only €5!

Have a good time. I went and have booked to go back in September.

Arran.

London, United...
50. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Barneys coffeshop and barneys uptown vanilla cush, pineapple chunk and liberty haze some of the top weeds in dam cheap aswell and across the road is barneys uptown which you can smoke eat and drink all day best milkshakes ever (banana) and amazing food. BARNEYS! also redlight bar has good cheap weed and a good quite hidden smoking area upstairs.

Reply to: The top rated coffeeshops
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted