We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The top rated coffeeshops

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 6
The top rated coffeeshops

I'm hearing great things about Grey Area and Amnesia in relation to the quality of their product.

But, having said that, i am yet to experience these places myself . However, i will be this weekend and will post my experience.

Has anyone else got any useful information and advice in relation to the best coffee shops for quality product, atmosphere, venue etc.

Cheers - Happy smoking!

53 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
1. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/

Here is a good site.

The two you mentioned are well known for great product. But there are so many good shops.

Take a look at that link

London, United...
2. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Cheers dude!

Winter Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Don't know an overabundance of coffeeshops Not as well versed as many on the quality of weed - when I was in college I do know I got hold of a lot of stuff that wasn't very good but that was 40 years ago. The main thing I know is when I go into a coffeeshop these days and smoke dope, I get stoned.

Barney's has multiple outlets and they usually rank very high in the Cannabis Cup each year. My favorite is Barney's Lounge at Reguliersgracht 27. Frequented it often on my last trip. Small place, very well done, nice chill, great staff, and a very accommodating bud tender. On a great little canal just off the Rembrandtplein.

Enjoy wherever you hook up!

Norwich, United...
4. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

My vote goes to coffeeshop Warda 2 in Javastraat 104-I have not been in Warda 1 but I recommend the brand.

It retains the ethics of the originators of both the entrepreneurial spirit and the holistic view of the cannabis market,hence the knowledge of the processes used in the production and sale of cannabis.

It has the most attractive location in Amsterdam,if you like a multi-cultural,working class spot.

I would make this my local.

London, United...
5. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

For all you need to know about Amsterdam Download the new brilliant app Amsterdam Made Easy on the App store . Simple to use , Cheap, free updates , everything i needed in one place.

GLASGOW
6. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

voyager , greenplace & grey area, great weed at good prices:)

Winter Haven...
7. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Thanks Conrad.

Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 123
8. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Bluebird, Grey Area, Greenplace, Prix D'ami 😀

9. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

I agree ...... Coffeeshop to use is always dependent on where you are in the city.

420 cafe and Katsu are 2 personal favorites of mine.

Greenplace and grey area I can't argue with. Who doesn't love abit of grindspoon.

Ive got my flights booked for nov so bring it on.

Loves my little routine. Out the train station. Hang a right. Into headshop then into barneys.

Get really blazed then thing about finding the hotel :-)

Den Haag
10. Re: The top rated coffeeshops

Hi all,

A quick message about great coffeeshops in Amsterdam.

In regards to Curt from London's initial post both Amnesia and Grey area have good reputations and fantastic smoke. There are some other consideration which may also be helpful. Some places have great smoke but they tend to be really small or unusually busy. Grey area can get busy so check in a few times for a relaxed visit. Amnesia is larger and also on nice days has its terrace, which is a great way to hang.

If you like a canal side smoke with a beer, head to Rick's café, and it's adjoining Rick's coffeeshop. Across the canal is the greenhouse coffeeshop also with a terrace. Although it get's busy and is pricey many partyers can only find that special strain here so it is worth a check. Top "gear" enthusiast places have to include Barneys, Grey area, Katsu, 1 erste hulp ( a multi-storey shop with fantastic hash.) Resin, and the aforementioned Greenhouse.

I will call your attention to smoking bars, that is bars which allow you to roll your own. Many of these were former coffeeshop/bars before they had to choose in 2007 to be one or the other. They are the café Nes, which has a pool table, the Door's palace is a large place, good for groups, where you can roll up and drink a beer. Also along Haarlemmer straat and nieuwendijk there are a few places like the wonder bar, and lost lounge....continue on Haarlemmer straat to find Barney's uptown, again for smoke and drink.

If you are on Warmoesstraat which is up by centraal station, duck into Hill st. blues or coffeeshop 36, ...the places look small but open up, with the rear of the places offering indoor canal side seats or couch, handy for all them rainy days in Holland.

Low key places for chillin, locals and relaxed vibe include Paradox in the jordaan also has juice shakes ( for recovery!), la tertulia, and yo yo ( very relaxed)

My experience in these matters comes from sketching and painting many of these coffeeshops.

please visit my blog for paintings and descriptions of plenty of coffeeshops.

http://www.theartofandywolf.blogspot.nl/

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to: The top rated coffeeshops
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted