We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DirectStay..any opinions?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 31
DirectStay..any opinions?

I am considering booking a very reasonably priced 1 bedroom apartment in the Jordan area of the city via DirectStay and would like to know if any users have booked via this company previously.

I have searched the forum for previous threads but no results were found, i have also done a quick googlemaloogle but drew a blank.

Thanks in advance all.

Knokke, Belgium
21. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

I applies for 9 apartments after ascertaining that the apartments were available using the updated availability module on their website.

I also was impressed with the top manager award for this company.

Every property I negotiated for came back as occupied on my chosen dates, which was a complete waste of time, and 1 property came back after negotiating the websites online adverts, I noticed for the month I required it was 1500 euro for the month. This one was available, but for 3000 euro for the month....

Try another web site people, and DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ..........

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
22. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

thank you x 3

JHB
reviews: 30
23. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

We have just returned from a two week stay in Amsterdam (September 2013) after booking a "luxurious" apartment through DirectStay for a very large sum of money. It was also listed on Flipkey as reference number 451785. The web site pictures indicated an apartment that met our fastidious standards but only one review was available. This review on DirectStay was favourable. On arrival at the apartment we were horrified to be met with a pale comparison of the web photo's. Ill maintained and grubby, the apartment had been stripped down to desultory basics. It was dirty, the bed linen was stale with over use and age, as were the towels. The kitchen provided us with a very basic medley of mismatched crockery, cutlery and cookware all covered in cooking stains. The stove/microwave was dysfunctional as was the dryer. The washing machine had a missing dispenser drawer cover and the door handle was broken. The double bed had a duvet cover and two over used, over spent pillows which we refused to use. No spare linen was provided for our two week stay. No toiletries were provided. Not even a toilet roll. I attempted to lodge a negative review on DirectStay which has still not appeared and my attempt to contact them directly with supporting photo's has been ignored. The apartment is no longer featured on the Tripadvisor Flipkey site. I would advise avoiding DirectStay in it's entirety.

JHB
reviews: 30
24. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

As an addendum to my review of DirectStay, the property featured on their web site is referenced as DS249.

25. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:32 pm, December 08, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 71
26. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

Bureau Zoeklicht should hire you, MrOther! amsterdam.nl/wonen-leefomgeving/…

(for the others, Zoeklicht = the city council's agency that tracks down illegal use of subsidized and other housing: illegal subletting either long-term or short-term, illegal registration of people not really living there for financial purposes, too many people living in one house, cannabis plantations, etc)

Edited: 5:39 pm, October 09, 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
reviews: 6
27. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

Hi.......just use Airbnb......they are really great for accommodation. You don't pay the owner but the company and they don't pay the owner until you have been there for 24hours..so if you are not happy you have the chance to do something about it.

We always use Airbnb where ever we can....we have an. Apartment here in Nelson NZ and we do our bookings through Airbnb.

Hope this helps.

St. Louis
reviews: 8
28. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

Yes, I have an opinion, and it's very negative. I sent in a deposit for a house in Amsterdam a week ago and have yet to receive a confirmation after 4 emails and a text. Run, don't walk away. I don't want anyone to experience the frustration I have had.

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 2
29. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

We returned yesterday from Amsterdam after a lovely and happy 1 week stay at a very nice apartment rented through DirectStay.com. We were quite pleased with what we got, so we would recommend the company. The owner of the property has bought a house and is renting her former apartment home until the market improves and she can sell it. She was just wonderful, very helpful and accommodating, and the apartment was reasonably priced, clean, attractive, comfortable, and perfectly located. We felt that we got much more for our money than we would have gotten from a comparablely priced hotel, and DirectStay was easy and honest in their dealings. The main drawback was that the entire cost of the apartment, minus the downpayment, which was done online through PayPal, had to be paid in Euros to the owner as soon as we arrived. We had to immediately exchange a fairly large amount of money at the airport to accomplish this. She also requested a large security deposit ($400), which we paid in dollars and which was returned intact when we checked out. That worked out fine, however, because it turned out that we needed cash in dollars while in transit home.

30. Re: DirectStay..any opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2015