We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
reviews: 2
Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

My wife and I plan to travel to Amsterdam in May 2013 and wondered if anybody could provide advice regarding wheelchair accessible hotels?

I am a manual wheelchair user who can walk a little as long as I am aided by my able-bodied wife - we would like to stay somewhere fairly central, close to Dam Square or Leidseplein preferably as we both enjoy the nighlife on offer but, if possible, don't want to pay a fdortune for the experience.

Any advice woud be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

Juejosh is regular visitor to Amsterdam and on these forums and a wheelchair user. I am sure that she would not mind you sending here a message

www.tripadvisor.com/members-forums/juejosh

She probably has more relevant info about which hotels to stay at than I could give you.

Just in general though if you bid for a 4* or above on Priceline you will definately get a hotel with a lift and probably converted disabled facilities. Try to stay away from the canal ring as I imagine it could be difficult to push your wheelchair across cobbled streets.

Good luck

Belfast, United...
2. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

Hi RonaldoC

Many thanks for your reply, I have messaged Juejosh and look forward to readsing her eeply.

ff33

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
3. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

I suggest Priceline bidding all the time. Because I think it the best value by far.

But in your case I will suggest it even more.

You need a modern hotel with a good size room and a good size lift.

And in Amsterdam that can cost you a lot. But in this case will cost you very litte.

Take a look at our 181 page 4 star bidding thead. Or at least skim the last 15 pages or so.

If you bid zone 1 or 2 you should be able to get an upscale modern 4 or even a 5 star for the normal price of a 1 or 2 star.

The hotel will be well located within the centre.

Also look at the Top Question to the right dealing with cheap hotels. It will explain the PL NYOP system.

Edited: 8:06 am, December 13, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 8
4. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

tripadvisor.com/…45765276

Here you go. You can see some of the hotels being won and the prices and dates as well.

There is also a 5 star bidding thread as well.

Belfast, United...
5. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

Thank you very much, I'll take a look.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
6. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

I'll second John's advice.

Budget hotels in Amsterdam pretty well all have no elevators and steep stairs. If you can secure a 4 or 5 star hotel you'll be guaranteed to have no problem. Using Priceline NYOP you should be able to pick a 4* up for 50-60 pounds per night.

Belfast, United...
7. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

Thank you very much for your help.

liverpool, england
reviews: 144
8. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

Returned an hour ago from trip 15! Ron, thanks for remembering me :-)

Sent a pm to op.

Any more help - just ask

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

Hi

any success with cheap accessible A'dam hotels?

we need twin room with w-chair access in November near station.

pete & rick

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 53
10. Re: Wheelchair-accessible hotels?

In Booking.com you can do an advanced search for wheelchair accessible hotels. First do a normal search for your dates, then the advanced search via the tick boxes on the left.