We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat on New Year's Eve in Leiden, Netherlands?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Where to eat on New Year's Eve in Leiden, Netherlands?

I'll be ushering in the New Year 2013 with the family in Leiden. And I've been hunting high and low for a good restaurant to dine-in for the evening but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea where to head for dinner on that evening? Preferably something a little more comfortable as it's a special day/vacation. Thank you!

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 38
1. Re: Where to eat on New Year's Eve in Leiden, Netherlands?

There will not be many places open. Most that are will close early, around 8pm so that the owners and staff can enjoy their own festivities.

Good luck hunting but you may just have to rethink your plans.

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Where to eat on New Year's Eve in Leiden, Netherlands?

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.

TheHague
reviews: 164
3. Re: Where to eat on New Year's Eve in Leiden, Netherlands?

It's the same all over Holland, the country shuts down for the evening on NYE and only starts to get going after midnight. Some of the more upmarket hotels lay on special NYE dining, you might like to try places in Noordwijk or The Hague (the Kurhaus Hotel in Scheveningen, for example).

Perth, Australia
4. Re: Where to eat on New Year's Eve in Leiden, Netherlands?

Appreciate your response. I will try out your suggestions. Thank you.

5. Re: Where to eat on New Year's Eve in Leiden, Netherlands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, December 16, 2013